OVH Community, your new community space.

SYS Server - VPN Issues

serverbros
22-11-2014, 12:03
Just thought I would update this, mainly due to my own stupidity!

It's now resolved - turns out I had factory reset our superhub in the office the day prior and VPN traffic is blocked as standard unless you tick the box to allow PPTP! Ticked and all working.

In between pulling my hair out I reinstalled the server anyway with ESXI replacing proxmox - best mistake ever, suits our needs far greater than proxmox ever did.

Thanks all!

heise
20-11-2014, 09:02
I would guess on a configuration problem on your side.

john_gb
20-11-2014, 02:00
I didn't think SYS blocked any network ports, but (and this may be just a coincidence) i'm also having a hell of a job getting the normally easy openvpn to function on one of my vm's.

serverbros
19-11-2014, 21:36
Hi,

I have setup our new SYS server with proxmox and have our first VM up and running with Server 2012 R2 which hosts our exchange and domain controller (all working well). I have now installed routing and remote access and configured the VPN to allow my workstations in the office to connect in using the exact same configuration that works elsewhere and each time I am unable to connect.

I have the type of VPN on my pc set as automatic with optional encryption just to see if that made any difference, no joy.

Event logs show on the vpn server :

A connection between the VPN server and the VPN client xx.xx.xx.xx has been established, but the VPN connection cannot be completed. The most common cause for this is that a firewall or router between the VPN server and the VPN client is not configured to allow Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE) packets (protocol 47).

Windows firewall on both devices have been disabled and no other firewall software is present. Just a note of interest when I was using RunAbove (ovh vps subsidery) I also had this issue which was fixed by opening up protocol 47 on the firewall, but I don't have access to do such a thing on SYS.

I also installed a second fresh 2012 VM and installed routing and remote access on it, and face the same issue.

Any help would be muchly appreciated!