OVH Community, your new community space.

SYS - Arrogant and stupid crooks


davidovh
01-12-2014, 17:43
Quote Originally Posted by edan
Wow I feel safe now

Thank you,
No problem.

edan
01-12-2014, 14:40
Quote Originally Posted by davidovh
Hello, my colleague has resolved this issue for you and the servers are now back online.

I will forward the your feedback regarding the suspension of resellers servers onto the development team to see if a resolution can be formed.
Wow I feel safe now

Thank you,

davidovh
01-12-2014, 13:00
Quote Originally Posted by Denis0072
I answered to all tickets. Please understand - i am resseler and i can't monitor all content on all servers. Why you blocked clean servers?
How i must explain this to my customers?

We fully agree with your TOS and not accept any illegal activity on servers, but please not block clean servers, simply give me time to resolve issues.
Hello, my colleague has resolved this issue for you and the servers are now back online.

I will forward the your feedback regarding the suspension of resellers servers onto the development team to see if a resolution can be formed.

theatheist
29-11-2014, 17:53
Quote Originally Posted by heise
@Denis0072



I read in other posts, that they have like a three strike policy. Three strikes and they cancel all contracts and you loose all the money you already paid. See http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.ph...ll=1#post65245 It looks like you already have 2 strikes.

That is just ludicrous. Shut down the affected server not the whole account. What planet are these people on?

john_gb
29-11-2014, 11:41
Quote Originally Posted by Denis0072
Waiting official SYS comments
Well if it turns out to be true, they have made an utterly convincing case to not resell their services. Banning process needs to be more robust and defensible and sensible than that!

JohnD
28-11-2014, 09:50
Quote Originally Posted by Denis0072
Surely true
I still don't understand why they blocked clean servers
I am not sure about the legal situation in UK but i can assure you that in germany something like this would lead to heavy legal consequences for SYS.
One of my partners had a similar issue with a german hosting company (16 closed servers) and this company finally agreed to pay 25000 compensation after a little conversation with his lawyers.

heise
27-11-2014, 20:18
@Denis0072

10/7/2014 - server put into FTP only
10/06/2014 - Anti-Hack
I read in other posts, that they have like a three strike policy. Three strikes and they cancel all contracts and you loose all the money you already paid. See http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.ph...ll=1#post65245 It looks like you already have 2 strikes.

heise
27-11-2014, 20:07
Quote Originally Posted by S0phie
Hi Andy,

On this forum, everybody's free to share their opinions on our services, support, the company ... anything... Believe me or not we do read our forum and take any feedback into account. However, sometimes it's better not to jump into conclusions without knowing both versions of the story :-)
May I give a simple suggestion. It is not the first time to see someone's Business model threaten by actions like this one. Offer for resellers a "reseller option" for their servers. E.g. they have to pay 5 Euro extra each months and ask of reseller to have abuse department with reaction time within x hours. If reseller solves problem in less than x hours, it doesn't count towards multiple TOS violations you use to cancel accounts. The 5 Euro are to finance staff to deal with abuse problems with resellers. You may even restrict this to OVH servers to make them more attractive.

Denis0072
27-11-2014, 16:38
Quote Originally Posted by TomOVH
Here is a list of some of the emails we have sent to you regarding your server, some of which didn't receive a reply:

5/23/2014 - spamhaus listing
5/26/2014 - Re: spamhaus listing (as there was no reply to the original email)
5/27/2014 - spamhaus listing (The IP address has an ACL to block researches and networks from checking, this involved 100s of domains)
5/27/2014 - spamhause listing (same issue as above)
6/08/2014 - spamhaus listing
10/7/2014 - server put into FTP only
10/06/2014 - Anti-Hack

Also, even if you did reply to the tickets, you still carried on violating our Terms of Service repeatedly! There were many violations made from this account, so we had no other choice than to block it.

I've checked your tickets and cannot see any that took 2 - 3 weeks for a response, but I apologise for any delays you did receive.
I answered to all tickets. Please understand - i am resseler and i can't monitor all content on all servers. Why you blocked clean servers?
How i must explain this to my customers?

We fully agree with your TOS and not accept any illegal activity on servers, but please not block clean servers, simply give me time to resolve issues.

TomOVH
27-11-2014, 13:50
Quote Originally Posted by Denis0072
Please attach screen with tickets that you sent to me. I received last abuse 3 or 4 months ago. We answered to all and fixed it. Right? Yes, right!
Please explain why we all must waiting support answer 2-3 weeks? You thing its normal?
Here is a list of some of the emails we have sent to you regarding your server, some of which didn't receive a reply:

5/23/2014 - spamhaus listing
5/26/2014 - Re: spamhaus listing (as there was no reply to the original email)
5/27/2014 - spamhaus listing (The IP address has an ACL to block researches and networks from checking, this involved 100s of domains)
5/27/2014 - spamhause listing (same issue as above)
6/08/2014 - spamhaus listing
10/7/2014 - server put into FTP only
10/06/2014 - Anti-Hack

Also, even if you did reply to the tickets, you still carried on violating our Terms of Service repeatedly! There were many violations made from this account, so we had no other choice than to block it.

I've checked your tickets and cannot see any that took 2 - 3 weeks for a response, but I apologise for any delays you did receive.

Denis0072
27-11-2014, 04:36
Quote Originally Posted by ozgurerdogan
Is it true that 23 server are blocked? Do you have such action in such situation?
Surely true
I still don't understand why they blocked clean servers

Denis0072
27-11-2014, 04:32
Quote Originally Posted by ozgurerdogan
Is it true that 23 server are blocked? Do you have such action in such situation?
Surely true
I still don't understand why they blocked clean servers

Denis0072
26-11-2014, 21:56
Quote Originally Posted by TomOVH
Hello,

Your account was suspended due to your violation of our terms of service. Please note this wasn't the first time we had to block a server on your account because of this issue. We have contacted you multiple times since your SYS account creation because of Spamhaus listings, Anti-Hack tickets, spam reported etc.

Of course if this was only a first or small violation, we would issue you a warning before taking action as severe as this, but you have already been warned multiple times in the past, leaving us with no other choice.

If you would like some more information please feel free to contact us. Also as this is a public forum please watch your language.
Please attach screen with tickets that you sent to me. I received last abuse 3 or 4 months ago. We answered to all and fixed it. Right? Yes, right!
Please explain why we all must waiting support answer 2-3 weeks? You thing its normal?

ozgurerdogan
26-11-2014, 19:37
Quote Originally Posted by TomOVH
Hello,

Your account was suspended due to your violation of our terms of service. Please note this wasn't the first time we had to block a server on your account because of this issue. We have contacted you multiple times since your SYS account creation because of Spamhaus listings, Anti-Hack tickets, spam reported etc.

Of course if this was only a first or small violation, we would issue you a warning before taking action as severe as this, but you have already been warned multiple times in the past, leaving us with no other choice.

If you would like some more information please feel free to contact us. Also as this is a public forum please watch your language.
Is it true that 23 server are blocked? Do you have such action in such situation?

TomOVH
26-11-2014, 18:48
Hello,

Your account was suspended due to your violation of our terms of service. Please note this wasn't the first time we had to block a server on your account because of this issue. We have contacted you multiple times since your SYS account creation because of Spamhaus listings, Anti-Hack tickets, spam reported etc.

Of course if this was only a first or small violation, we would issue you a warning before taking action as severe as this, but you have already been warned multiple times in the past, leaving us with no other choice.

If you would like some more information please feel free to contact us. Also as this is a public forum please watch your language.

Denis0072
26-11-2014, 16:27
Waiting official SYS comments

AlbaHost
26-11-2014, 14:58
Well its strange, we have had a client which his account was hacked and spam sending from his account but they block port 25 and warned me about spam, which we deleted the client. But suspending all of our servers as you stated its really horrible...

Denis0072
26-11-2014, 13:18
Quote Originally Posted by john_gb
This seems a little self contradictory, you say you had no warning, but how do you know it was for spam? Could you post their communication to you on here please. If this turns out to be true I will certainly consider moving, as I cannot risk that kind of behaviour from support for my clients that I manage servers for. Also if you know they are booted to rescue mode, that must mean you have received rescue mode ssh login, so you are still in control of them!

Please check - http://gyazo.com/8c3810971de6eebe11bc57f8e477970a Read it, abuse for serveR, not serverS
They sent abuse after booted servers to rescue mode.
All other servers worked fine more than 1 year and only 1 server was with spam.
Rescue FTP - i have not control of this servers, only ftp.


I already moved all servers without this one to other hosting 10 days ago and still not received any abuses because servers clean, no spam or other ****.

edan
26-11-2014, 10:56
Quote Originally Posted by john_gb
This seems a little self contradictory, you say you had no warning, but how do you know it was for spam? Could you post their communication to you on here please. If this turns out to be true I will certainly consider moving, as I cannot risk that kind of behaviour from support for my clients that I manage servers for. Also if you know they are booted to rescue mode, that must mean you have received rescue mode ssh login, so you are still in control of them!
Agreed, scary if its true. Let say there is one client sending spam from 200 clients and all of our sever blocked because of 1 person? SYS team should clarify this.

john_gb
26-11-2014, 10:28
This seems a little self contradictory, you say you had no warning, but how do you know it was for spam? Could you post their communication to you on here please. If this turns out to be true I will certainly consider moving, as I cannot risk that kind of behaviour from support for my clients that I manage servers for. Also if you know they are booted to rescue mode, that must mean you have received rescue mode ssh login, so you are still in control of them!

Denis0072
26-11-2014, 09:53
Quote Originally Posted by ozgurerdogan
You have 23 servers and all of them offline? This is really scary. Because on hosting envirment, sometime code infections causes spam and system admins must take some actions. This is normal becase not all sites on server are under admin control. I hope to see some explanation from sys stuff.

Yes, all servers booted to rescue mode. My account deleted and i can't enter to SYS manager control panel.
They not warned me about abuses or other.



Support ignore me from 13/11/2014 total 2 weeks

ozgurerdogan
26-11-2014, 09:46
Quote Originally Posted by Denis0072
Yes, i am serious. Spam was only from one server - spam to forums. At this moment ovh support fullt ignore all calls and tickets
You have 23 servers and all of them offline? This is really scary. Because on hosting envirment, sometime code infections causes spam and system admins must take some actions. This is normal becase not all sites on server are under admin control. I hope to see some explanation from sys stuff.

Denis0072
26-11-2014, 09:32
Quote Originally Posted by ozgurerdogan
Are you serious? Spam was large amount? Did you call them and ask real reason?
Yes, i am serious. Spam was only from one server - spam to forums. At this moment ovh support fullt ignore all calls and tickets

ozgurerdogan
26-11-2014, 08:48
Are you serious? Spam was large amount? Did you call them and ask real reason?

Denis0072
25-11-2014, 18:54
SYS *****s!

Blocked all my 23 server!
Reason - one server sent spam. I am only resseler.

Blocked without any warning, any abuses. Account me75619-sys

All my tickets ignored. I already moved all my server to other hosting provider and suggest you do the same