OVH Community, your new community space.

Please validate my renewal order [customer since 2011]

mike_
10-12-2014, 14:38
@OVH
Just to be clear the regulations give you 14 days to process the refund, so the clock is ticking. I also emailed you my request yesterday. In addition, to avoid any ambiguity or arguments that I've continued to use the service, the server was powered off last night.

If I don't have a response from you this week then I will assume you are refusing to issue the refund, and will claim it back via my bank.

Quote Originally Posted by crowarth
Wow, OVH really has let itself go as far as a lot of things are concerned..
Yeah, they used to be so much better. The OVH we knew died that day they decided to stop selling servers.

crowarth
10-12-2014, 13:26
Quote Originally Posted by mike_
I have moved my data elsewhere and no longer have need of your services.

Your terms state:

Code:
Where the Customer is a Consumer it may exercise it
s right to cancel, without having to
provide justifications or incurring penalties, othe
r than return costs, if required, within seven
(7) clear days of receipt of the goods, or of subsc
ription to the Service. The Consumer may
give the notice of cancellation by post or via a me
ssage sent to the Supplier Customer Support
via their management interface.
However, these terms, dated 05/12/2013, were clearly drafted to conform to Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 which have since been replaced by The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 which allow 14 days for cancellation.

This post is my notification to you that I am exercising my right to cancel my SYS server, which was renewed for one month on 27th November as order SYSGB10393. I expect to receive a prompt pro-rated refund for the 19 days of server time remaining. I'm not interested in hearing about how this isn't your policy. The legislation is clear and you are obligated to process the refund.

You also have one final chance to refund the setup fee for the KS server or I will request a chargeback.
Wow, OVH really has let itself go as far as a lot of things are concerned..

mike_
09-12-2014, 16:19
I have moved my data elsewhere and no longer have need of your services.

Your terms state:

Code:
Where the Customer is a Consumer it may exercise it
s right to cancel, without having to
provide justifications or incurring penalties, othe
r than return costs, if required, within seven
(7) clear days of receipt of the goods, or of subsc
ription to the Service. The Consumer may
give the notice of cancellation by post or via a me
ssage sent to the Supplier Customer Support
via their management interface.
However, these terms, dated 05/12/2013, were clearly drafted to conform to Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 which have since been replaced by The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 which allow 14 days for cancellation.

This post is my notification to you that I am exercising my right to cancel my SYS server, which was renewed for one month on 27th November as order SYSGB10393. I expect to receive a prompt pro-rated refund for the 19 days of server time remaining. I'm not interested in hearing about how this isn't your policy. The legislation is clear and you are obligated to process the refund.

You also have one final chance to refund the setup fee for the KS server or I will request a chargeback.

Smally1997
08-12-2014, 18:52
Mike are you from the UK? If so your best bet would be phone OVH themselves tomorrow, you'll always get further on the phone than on here.

mike_
08-12-2014, 18:36
I've found the invoices you're referring to. My server was cancelled on 5th May yet the invoices are for the period 1st May to 31st August. Are you honestly expecting me to pay for almost 4 months of IPs for a server that didn't exist?

mike_
08-12-2014, 18:27
I renewed my server every month and at no point since the initial problem in March did your site ask my to pay for the IPs. If I was missing payments on the IPs, then why were they not suspended? They continued to be active until I cancelled the Kimsufi server in May.

You've now finally agreed that you informed me, in error, that the IPs were free. Are you going to do anything to correct it?

Neil
08-12-2014, 17:57
I contacted you in March, you said I didn't need to pay. There's a screenshot of your reply further up this thread.
Yes I saw that it is an error, but what about the invoices and payment reminders for the past 6 months?

mike_
08-12-2014, 17:25
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
If you had an issue with this payment and paying it you should of contacted us before this situation happened with your newer Kimsufi server.
I contacted you in March, you said I didn't need to pay. There's a screenshot of your reply further up this thread.

Neil
08-12-2014, 17:19
Hello

The OVH Servers have free IPs and Kimsufi servers continue to pay for there IPs, this outstanding balance has been not been paid for and ignored since June this year. If you had an issue with this payment and paying it you should of contacted us before this situation happened with your newer Kimsufi server.

This payment is for the use of the IPs that you had and continued to use on your Kimsufi server up until you cancelled it.

mike_
08-12-2014, 16:39
I haven't received an email from you.

Please see post #12 above.

On 3rd March I attempted to renew the server and its associated IPs, but your site would not let me renew the IPs. I emailed your support who told me that the IPs were now free and would be automatically renewed with my server. This error, on your part, is ultimately what led to the deletion of my Kimsufi server. Given the inconvenience caused by the deletion of this server (I have had to purchase and configure a replacement with another provider) and the incorrect advice I was given, it would not at all be unreasonable for you to write off the amount owing in the OVH account.

As I said above, I am concerned that the "debt" on my OVH account will cause my SYS server to also fall into this validation trap and be deleted, especially as renewal is due over the Christmas period. I have given you plenty of warning that this sequence of events may occur, and you have plenty of time to ensure it doesn't. Should the same situation develop, then you will be in breach of contract due to negligence, and can be held liable for any resulting damages.

I will ask one last time:
1. Please refund the Kimsufi setup fee for the reasons:
(a) your error led to the deletion of the service which I planned to use for one year or more;
(b) your error has led me to paying a setup fee for a server elsewhere.

2. Please write off the balance of my OVH account for the reasons:
(a) you gave me incorrect advice (the IPs are free) which I accepted in good faith;
(b) you caused me inconvenience caused by the deletion of my Kimsufi server;
(c) to prevent my SYS server from falling into your validation trap at the end of month;
(d) as compensation for the unilateral changes (which I was not notified about) you made to the old Kimsufi contract whereby:
(i) telephone and email support was removed and replaced with forum-only support;
(ii) you raised prices to pay for the VAC
(e) and finally as a commercial decision to keep my custom and referrals.

Neil
08-12-2014, 15:34
Tom, you deleted my server just a month after I'd set it up. I will not be paying another setup fee for a replacement Kimsufi server, so if you want my custom you'll make an exception to this rule.

Furthermore you told me the IP addresses were free. I'm not asking for a refund in this case, as they were not paid for. I'm simply asking you to write off what you call the "debt" as it is clearly the decent thing to do, and from a commercial perspective it would ensure my ongoing custom.
The Kimsufi Account has no outstanding payments on it, but I see there is an OVH Account which does have IPs to be paid as there was a Kimsufi server there that had IPs active, we sent an email with all the details but you can see it here as well http://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_servers/faq.xml

Andy
08-12-2014, 13:15
Give it up mike_ and move on once you get a decent resolution, OVH clearly don't want your custom nor do they value customers who have been with them for a loyal few years (me included).

mike_
08-12-2014, 12:09
Quote Originally Posted by TomOVH
Hello,

We are sorry for this inconvenience. I will cancel your last payment as it wasn't completed on our side, it will be returned to you in the coming days. I'm afraid we cannot refund the setup fee for you or the additional IP addresses as it is against our policy to refund either.
Tom, you deleted my server just a month after I'd set it up. I will not be paying another setup fee for a replacement Kimsufi server, so if you want my custom you'll make an exception to this rule.

Furthermore you told me the IP addresses were free. I'm not asking for a refund in this case, as they were not paid for. I'm simply asking you to write off what you call the "debt" as it is clearly the decent thing to do, and from a commercial perspective it would ensure my ongoing custom.

TomOVH
08-12-2014, 11:54
Hello,

We are sorry for this inconvenience. I will cancel your last payment as it wasn't completed on our side, it will be returned to you in the coming days. I'm afraid we cannot refund the setup fee for you or the additional IP addresses as it is against our policy to refund either.

mike_
07-12-2014, 18:53
I do expect this to be resolved during the coming week. I'm asking for a minimum level of customer service here and if you can't deliver it you'll lose my business, and I will be unable to recommend OVH to others as part of my job. It's concerning that you haven't even apologised for the deletion of the Kimsufi server.

To re-iterate, I'm asking for the following:

1. An apology
2. An adequate explanation of why it's possible that a server that has been paid for can still be deleted because you're too slow to answer your emails
3. A refund of the KS setup fee. I expected to get a year or more usage out of this server, and will not be paying for a replacement if I have to pay another setup fee
4. A refund of the renewal fee for the KS server
5. A credit to my SYS account to put right the fact that you told me the IP addresses for my server were fee, but for which you are now demanding payment

Take note that I am concerned the same situation may develop which my SYS server when it is renewed towards the end of the month, and you must take all reasonable steps to prevent this. If you do not, and the same thing happens, then you will be liable for 'foreseeable damages' as stated in your terms and conditions.

mike_
04-12-2014, 18:07
Quote Originally Posted by WillOVH
Once a server is recycled it is not possible to recover as the drives have been wiped
In that case please credit the OVH account and provide the refunds requested.

Also could you explain why the server was recycled when you'd already taken my money? The order states that it was paid for.

WillOVH
04-12-2014, 17:49
Once a server is recycled it is not possible to recover as the drives have been wiped

mike_
03-12-2014, 16:09
As per my response to your email, in order to fully resolve this matter, please:

- credit my OVH account with an amount equal to the 'debt', as this was your error

and either:

- Reinstate the Kimsufi server on my account, with data intact
or
- Provide the refunds requested above

mike_
03-12-2014, 15:56
Quote Originally Posted by WillOVH
You had a debt on another account and as a result your order went into a manual check. In the time it took the request validation documents your server had expired and has since been recycled (not reassigned)
Does that mean it has been wiped? The 'debt' is for IPs that were assigned to a KS-16G 2012 Kimsufi server which one of your support agents told me, in very clear terms, were meant to be free.

WillOVH
03-12-2014, 15:54
You had a debt on another account and as a result your order went into a manual check. In the time it took the request validation documents your server had expired and has since been recycled (not reassigned)

mike_
03-12-2014, 12:45
Quote Originally Posted by LawsHosting
Are you sure? I thought they gave a week or so lee-way (I know, a week isn't long enough for validation as it is)..... I do not understand how they can't do a simple task..
Yep I'm sure. I renewed on the 26th November. My KS account is now empty:

At the same time the server vanished form my KS account this morning, it started responding to ping and SSH (but wouldn't accept my login details).

Sadly, it seems my situation is not unique:

http://forum.kimsufi.com/showthread....-I-paid-for-it
http://forum.kimsufi.com/showthread....l=1#post185459
http://forum.kimsufi.com/showthread....t-What-Support
http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.ph...-for-my-server

The validation staff clearly have no procedure in place to prioritise and speed up validation on renewals, making sure they're dealt with before the server is recycled.

It worries me that this could just as easily happen with my SYS server, or with the OVH servers we use at work. OVH have completely destroyed my trust in them.

LawsHosting
03-12-2014, 12:36
The server has now been deleted and apparently assigned to a new customer.
Are you sure? I thought they gave a week or so lee-way (I know, a week isn't long enough for validation as it is)..... I do not understand how they can't do a simple task..

My payments get validated immediately, well, no more than 30 minutes after paying - that said, my KS's are on the uk manager 3 (6), not sure if that makes a difference.

mike_
03-12-2014, 10:41
Thanks for the ****ing amazing customer service, still no response from you. The server has now been deleted and apparently assigned to a new customer. I want an immediate refund of my renewal fee [order 33003655] AND the setup fee I paid last month [order 32054615].

mike_
02-12-2014, 13:35
Still no reply. It's been six days since I renewed this server. It's bad enough validation takes forever for new customers, but to suddenly demand validation following the renewal of an existing server, then taking forever to respond, seriously takes the piss.

mike_
28-11-2014, 17:16
Hi Tom,

I got a fast reply to my initial email yesterday, but since then I've sent two messages (TICKET#2014112719016674) and heard nothing back.

TomOVH
28-11-2014, 10:34
Hello,

Please forward the documents to us via the Kimsufi contact form, I will then take care of this for you.

mike_
28-11-2014, 00:29
Can you confirm that as I have paid for the renewal of an existing server that even though it's currently suspended, it will not be automatically deleted? And also will you be making a pro-rated adjustment to my account for the server time I'm paying for but not receiving?

mike_
27-11-2014, 11:30
Thanks Danny. I've sent a message to Kimsufi support. Do you know why validation was needed for a renewal order? Surely if it was needed you could have done it on my first order. By asking for it on a renewal, you're risking having the contents of my server deleted as KS support probably won't answer before that happens.

Dani
27-11-2014, 11:25
Hi

The order 33003655 is in relation to an Kimsufi server. You can contact the Kimsufi support team at:

http://www.kimsufi.com/uk/support/

For the SYS server. I'm assuming your referring to 18*.***.***.*68 The server has been renewed.

Danny

mike_
26-11-2014, 19:53
Hi,

I'm posting in this section as I don't even know if your validation request relates to my SYS or KS server.

I renewed both today, and shortly afterwards received a validation request for order 33003655, however this request does not even state if it's from my KS or SYS account. I've been an OVH customer since 2011 so I'm not sure why I'm being asked for validation on a renewal order.

The email came from supportv3@ovh.net and after I replied I received the following meaningless auto-response:

Bonjour,

L'adresse que vous venez d'utiliser pour contacter notre service
client n'est plus valide.

Afin d'am�liorer nos services et traiter votre demande dans les
meilleurs d�lais, une adresse unique est d�sormais � votre disposition
sur notre site.

Rendez-vous sur http://www.ovh.com/fr/support/ et envoyez-nous
directement votre mail.

Nous vous remercions de votre confiance.

Le service client.
Please could you look into this asap? My KS server is already offline and it's annoying that renewing has not brought it back. If my SYS server goes offline tomorrow I'll have to look at alternatives to OVH.

Regards,
Mike