OVH Community, your new community space.

Want refund on this server ASAP!

TomOVH
08-12-2014, 11:45
Hello,

As we have said we can't refund you regarding this but we can give you a commercial gesture.

Daniel OVH
05-12-2014, 12:48
Quote Originally Posted by mike_
If you paid on credit card and the payment was over 100 you can claim it back under Section 75.

If you paid on debit card (any value) or credit card (under 100) then you can use your bank's voluntary chargeback scheme to reverse the payment.
Chargebacks are highly not recommended. The service will be suspended straight away and you will have a lot of trouble ordering new services if you ever decide to. It is set up that way because we've had problems in the past with fraudsters who do chargebacks.

Anyway I have been informed that the OP's issue is being resolved so I'll close this thread now.

theatheist
05-12-2014, 11:58
Quote Originally Posted by mike_
If you paid on credit card and the payment was over 100 you can claim it back under Section 75.

If you paid on debit card (any value) or credit card (under 100) then you can use your bank's voluntary chargeback scheme to reverse the payment.
Yes I know and I would be fully in my right to do that but I have more than one server and do not want to risk them terminating them on me because I decided to charge back.

mike_
05-12-2014, 11:42

theatheist
05-12-2014, 11:37
Quote Originally Posted by Jane - OVH
Hello theathiest

We have emailed you with a solution for this. We find that the forum is more of a community area where people share solutions and experiences. A member of the commercial support has contacted you about your refund. As you know we are in regular contact with you via email.
And what definition of "regular" are you using because it certainly isn't my definition. Replies if any takes weeks which is why I have also been posting on forum to try and get staff attention or to simply convey my disbelief regarding of lacking support is.

Also I have not been emailed with a "solution" at all. I was emailed to say I would not get refund so I replied with complaint and was told it would be passed on.

Dear Sir / Madam,

I apologise for the delay in the response time of dealing with your harddrive issue.

We are unable to give you a refund for the month of November. However we can give you a commercial gesture of a month to compensate this issue with server ns338260.

If there is anything else please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,
David

Customer Support
Dear Sir / Madam,

I have requested a refund for the month November for the server ns338260. This is refund is now awaiting verification from the billing department.

This type of refund is only complete in exception circumstances.

If there is anything else please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,
David

Customer Support
Last email was on 3rd and had no solution yet other than commercial gesture by changing date of server which I do not want any more. It took 3 over weeks to replace drive right up until the renewal date. Yes the gesture would compensate for this loss of time but I am well within my rights to get a refund.

Jane - OVH
03-12-2014, 18:27
Hello theathiest

We have emailed you with a solution for this. We find that the forum is more of a community area where people share solutions and experiences. A member of the commercial support has contacted you about your refund. As you know we are in regular contact with you via email.

theatheist
03-12-2014, 17:28
Quote Originally Posted by happyman
For those of us who have been following your ongoing issue and the poor service you have received, are SYS/OVH refusing to refund you the money they owe you for this ??
Yes, I'm in utter disbelief as this whole fiasco.

happyman
03-12-2014, 03:22
Quote Originally Posted by theatheist
I'm not interested in a commercial gesture, I just want my payment for the server refunding. I was unable to user my server for over 3 weeks and I am disgusted at the level of support or consideration for customers with SYS.
For those of us who have been following your ongoing issue and the poor service you have received, are SYS/OVH refusing to refund you the money they owe you for this ??

theatheist
02-12-2014, 17:14
Quote Originally Posted by davidovh
Hello, An email has been sent to you regarding this matter.
I'm not interested in a commercial gesture, I just want my payment for the server refunding. I was unable to user my server for over 3 weeks and I am disgusted at the level of support or consideration for customers with SYS.

davidovh
01-12-2014, 16:49
It seems that you have renewed this server for me, That is not what I want. I want a full refund on it for November. I paid for a product that was faulty. That product was not replaced in a reasonable amount of time. I am entitled to a full refund and that is what I want please.
Hello, An email has been sent to you regarding this matter.

theatheist
01-12-2014, 13:28
It seems that you have renewed this server for me, That is not what I want. I want a full refund on it for November. I paid for a product that was faulty. That product was not replaced in a reasonable amount of time. I am entitled to a full refund and that is what I want please.

theatheist
29-11-2014, 12:48
Quote Originally Posted by heise
@theatheist can you enlighten us about the HDDs that were installed? I can't understand why at 9:30 they work on replacement and at 15:32 they plan an intervention to be carried out in hours time.
I'm not even going to pretend to understand the inner working of this company. Al I know is that I reported the hard drive failure on 6th of November and it took them 3 weeks and two days to replace it and "coincidentally" on the 28th which is date of renewal for server.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel OVH
Hi, the disk was changed today 16:49 French time
Daniel, I am not happy at all for many reasons, one being that I do not pay for faulty products. Please refund the payment I made for this server as it was unusable for majority of my renewed period.

Daniel OVH
28-11-2014, 18:02
Hi, the disk was changed today 16:49 French time

heise
28-11-2014, 17:22
@theatheist can you enlighten us about the HDDs that were installed? I can't understand why at 9:30 they work on replacement and at 15:32 they plan an intervention to be carried out in hours time.

theatheist
28-11-2014, 17:12
Quote Originally Posted by TomOVH
I have just heard back from my colleague, the intervention is now planned so the disk should be replaced within the next few hours. I apologise for this delay.
Its too little too late. I will not be renewing this server.

Either way I need a refund for my most recent payment on this server as it has been unusable for over 3 weeks.

Please process this refund asap and not over 3 weeks like the HDD has taken.

TomOVH
28-11-2014, 16:32
Hi,

I've now had enough of the complete lack of customer care or support by this "company" here and I want a refund on the following server because you have broken contract with regards to replacement of faulty hardware. I have been waiting weeks for the drive in this server to be replaced and now renewal is up and I do not wish to pay twice for a server I have been unable to use.

I have found this whole fiasco utterly ridiculous and somebody clearly hasn't been doing their job here. It should not take 3 weeks just to change a failed hard drive, ever! That time-scale is totally unacceptable by any customer for ANY company.

Please refund the payment made for
ns338260
nic: yi1151-sys
I have just heard back from my colleague, the intervention is now planned so the disk should be replaced within the next few hours. I apologise for this delay.

heise
28-11-2014, 10:40
Hi, I can't follow. They are investigating the matter already since days. I expect a disk replacement to take no longer than an hour. If you (SoYouStart) don't have the right size available, I am sure you have a bigger one you could have installed. How come, that just know you started with the disk replacement? To my understanding investigating the matter and replacing the disk should go hand in hand.

I investigate,
see disk is damaged,
take it out,
walk to the store,
get a new hdd,
walk back,
install new hdd,
reboot server.
See if it comes up.
DONE!

TomOVH
28-11-2014, 10:30
Hello,

We are working on the disk replacement at the moment, I am currently awaiting an update from my colleagues.

theatheist
27-11-2014, 12:22
Hi,

I've now had enough of the complete lack of customer care or support by this "company" here and I want a refund on the following server because you have broken contract with regards to replacement of faulty hardware. I have been waiting weeks for the drive in this server to be replaced and now renewal is up and I do not wish to pay twice for a server I have been unable to use.

I have found this whole fiasco utterly ridiculous and somebody clearly hasn't been doing their job here. It should not take 3 weeks just to change a failed hard drive, ever! That time-scale is totally unacceptable by any customer for ANY company.

Please refund the payment made for
ns338260
nic: yi1151-sys