OVH Community, your new community space.

Hardware SLA and Support

JimmyHurrell
25-12-2014, 09:02
Thanks for giving me a wonderful information.

LawsHosting
16-12-2014, 23:10
Quote Originally Posted by Edouard OVH
Please bear in mind that the OVH forum is a community and not a venue for official support.
Tell that to us Kimsufi owners 6 months ago!

Email support is crap and useless, this happened not so long ago, you have so many control panels, how do you tell what site we send the email from? There should be a field for the server name at least and the login id, that'll help a bit..

happyman
16-12-2014, 19:27
Quote Originally Posted by Edouard OVH
Hello,

Please bear in mind that the OVH forum is a community and not a venue for official support. We appreciate your feedback, with regards to your enquiries you can submit those through the existing and official support channels available to you.
I think that is part of the problem - OVH don't always reply to the e-mails sent through the 'official channel' web form (based on what I am reading more and more on the forums).

Edouard OVH
16-12-2014, 16:51
Hello,

Please bear in mind that the OVH forum is a community and not a venue for official support. We appreciate your feedback, with regards to your enquiries you can submit those through the existing and official support channels available to you.

Maki187
15-12-2014, 22:02
He also told me to contact him in direct message.
anyway, I'm still waiting for answer here on forum, from stuff team.

LawsHosting
14-12-2014, 16:22
I tried talking to Octave directly, this was how far I got

Maki187
14-12-2014, 12:55
Alex, all what u told me I alredy know, but I want to OVH stuff say it.
And I just don't get it how can sombady be so irresponsible, how they don't get it they will loose all customers.

alex
14-12-2014, 00:02
Quote Originally Posted by Maki187
1. OVH/SYS break own contract ?
How they can break own contract if members of staff don't get what they doing or what it's mean IP addresses or Failover system or anything regarding IT, I do remember I spoke to one of them IT technician on phone and I simply asked to transfer my call to someone who know anything about IT and OVH services.

2..OVH/SYS break guaranteed hardware replacment time ?
from 2 weeks (if you are lucky) to 3 months, it's standard French SLA time

3. OVH/SYS support does not answer for days, weeks or even months ?
it's your problem as they can't translate or don't understand you, as they never dealt with IT technologies before.

goto London(arriveOn(2014-12-16))
this option is the best option to open eyes for other British companies, that they just wasting their money, as even with OVH servers your don't get anything different level of support compare to soyoustart or KS, as my formula so far is:

OVH = soyoustart = KS, what the difference is price

As basic billing issues or datacenter related issue impossible to fix, I had server in ****y SBG datacenter all extra IPs lost connectivity and no one is bothered to fix issue.

Maki187
13-12-2014, 01:09
Neil, al ot of people here have an example, just take few hours to read SoYouStart forum here.

I had problems before, in Jul, I had Server Defect evry day (server goes offline for no reason, and it's not working until I reboot it), and server was offline evry day for few hours, it took 21 days for tehnicians to fix problem (actualy it has never been confirmed that it's fixed, problem just stopped after 21 days).
I did talk about that with Tehnical support, but only few times, I sent them logs and other things they requested, but never recrived any answer.

After problem stopped, I never asked for anything about that, but I'm just interested what should we do if OVH break own rules..
Neil, you forgot to answer.

mike_
04-12-2014, 16:31
In most small claims cases, legal costs are not awarded against the losing party. They're usually only awarded if you brought a frivolous or vexatious claim. And in most cases, companies would rather settle out of court as a purely commercial decision, than pay to employ lawyers and risk losing and having some kind of precedent set against them.

Criot
04-12-2014, 16:25
Quote Originally Posted by mike_
The County Courts are cheap and easy to use so long as you stay on the small claims track.
Then you hit the trouble of facing lawyers, lawyers are employed to cover their ass and win legal battles in any way possible, they're paid to do that, they're extremely good at it. If you want to stand any hope of winning, you'd need a damn good lawyer, at the end of it taking them for a small amount isn't going to be worth it after paying legal fees.

mike_
04-12-2014, 13:45
Quote Originally Posted by Criot
I doubt taking on a large company such as OVH in court will be 'cheap'
The County Courts are cheap and easy to use so long as you stay on the small claims track.

Criot
04-12-2014, 12:21
Quote Originally Posted by mike_
If they're in breach of contract, just sue them. It's cheap and easy to take a company to court over a small amount. A few CCJs are what OVH need to scare them into sorting out their abysmal support.
I doubt taking on a large company such as OVH in court will be 'cheap'

Maki187
04-12-2014, 10:12
bump for support.
Mike, I agree with u

mike_
03-12-2014, 12:29
If they're in breach of contract, just sue them. It's cheap and easy to take a company to court over a small amount. A few CCJs are what OVH need to scare them into sorting out their abysmal support.

Maki187
02-12-2014, 19:44
Neil, al ot of people here have an example, just take few hours to read SoYouStart forum here.

I had problems before, in Jul, I had Server Defect evry day (server goes offline for no reason, and it's not working until I reboot it), and server was offline evry day for few hours, it took 21 days for tehnicians to fix problem (actualy it has never been confirmed that it's fixed, problem just stopped after 21 days).
I did talk about that with Tehnical support, but only few times, I sent them logs and other things they requested, but never recrived any answer.

After problem stopped, I never asked for anything about that, but I'm just interested what should we do if OVH break own rules..

Andy
02-12-2014, 17:02
There was no mention of this on the site when OVH broke the SLA on my server (3 days to replace the HDD, server down the whole time). These 2 reasons is why I chose to take my business elsewhere. I did not receive any refund. Sad to say it but OVH has gone so down hill the last 2 years I can't believe it...

LawsHosting
02-12-2014, 16:58
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
so for example you might get 1 Month free.
Then OVH will lose money by current standards go!

Neil
02-12-2014, 10:49
This is clear question for SUPPORT team.

What should we do if:

Hi

It depends on case, do you have an example?

The SLAs are listed on the website under the server model along with the compensation which is added as additional time to the contract, so for example you might get 1 Month free.

Trapper
02-12-2014, 08:37
I know that, but I would like to hear OVH Stuff member, as clearly they all ignore this kind of questions.
if (response.fail) then
goto London(arriveOn(2014-12-16))
end if

Maki187
01-12-2014, 17:51
I know that, but I would like to hear OVH Stuff member, as clearly they all ignore this kind of questions.

Andy
28-11-2014, 12:07
I'd have thought the answer to these is pretty clear... You find another company who values your business?

Maki187
27-11-2014, 12:50
This is clear question for SUPPORT team.

What should we do if: