OVH Community, your new community space.

anti-hack alert while server was shut down ( Physically turned off)

Smally1997
03-12-2014, 08:47
I haven't experienced this myself but I find in general speaking to someone in person is always easier than talking to someone via email.

heise
02-12-2014, 23:24
Rethink reselling http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.ph...ore-my-tickets . You are responsible for the actions of your customers.

zigma4000
02-12-2014, 23:21
Quote Originally Posted by Smally1997
I always find it better to phone OVH tend to get better support.
well , I think I don't have any other option.

but did you face this issue? It's weird ! even when whole server was shut down still I was receiving anti-hack alert.

It's my 3rd year with OVH and this is really weird issue.

Smally1997
02-12-2014, 23:03
I always find it better to phone OVH tend to get better support.

zigma4000
02-12-2014, 22:37
I received OVH anti-hack alert about 10 days ago , it said :

" The IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.211 had to be blocked by our services due to
the various alerts received.

Please don't hesitate to contact out technical support team so that this situation does not become critical.

You can find the logs brought up by our system which lead to this alert."

This IP belonged to one of our VPS customers , I found out he was trying an attacker software , so due to our agreement we remove his VPS and also free his IP ( virtual mac) has been removed since that day and now this IP is completely free and not associated with any other VPS.

Also this IP is blocked since that day by OVH anti-hack system and just enabled twice and disabled again quickly.

still I am receiving anti-hack alert from OVH on this IP , so I decided to shut down whole server for 6 hours in this period still I was receiving anti-hack alert. how a shut down and physically turned off server can manage attack !

Well I replied to ticket and asked for help , support told me we can only give you warning if there is problem we can't do anything about fixing it and its my problem. Just to add in last 10 days support only answered 3 times!

So I am asking for help here , because I got warning about server suspension which will causes a lot of problems for me.

Looking forward to hear from you,

Moein Nahri