OVH Community, your new community space.

dedicated Cloud - Delivery timeframes?

mdekkers
08-12-2014, 19:03
Hi Neil,

thanks for that. I did open a ticket about the cancellation, but have yet to hear from them

Neil
08-12-2014, 18:46
Quote Originally Posted by mdekkers
well, checking the vsphere logs, I can see that the vsphere service was delivered on the 27th, the servers were deployed on the 3rd, and that between the 3rd and the 4th, OVH did a lot of work on the network configuration of the system. This makes sense, because the network doesn't work. a LAG was created that is not functioning, and the only way I can get my VM's to talk to eachother is by using the uplinks directly, as opposed to via the LAG, which somewhat defeats the purpose of HA.

OVH has failed to deliver the goods on time, and when it finally did, they were defective. We have been very patient throughout, but we are running a business and need to get on with things - 2 wasted weeks is an expensive undertaking - cancellation and refund, please.
Hi

Please can you open a ticket with two VMs providing the username and password to both of therm, in the same Vlan showing that the Vlan is not working. I can then at least check the issue,

Regarding a cancellation you will need to send an email to your local support.

mdekkers
06-12-2014, 03:33
well, checking the vsphere logs, I can see that the vsphere service was delivered on the 27th, the servers were deployed on the 3rd, and that between the 3rd and the 4th, OVH did a lot of work on the network configuration of the system. This makes sense, because the network doesn't work. a LAG was created that is not functioning, and the only way I can get my VM's to talk to eachother is by using the uplinks directly, as opposed to via the LAG, which somewhat defeats the purpose of HA.

OVH has failed to deliver the goods on time, and when it finally did, they were defective. We have been very patient throughout, but we are running a business and need to get on with things - 2 wasted weeks is an expensive undertaking - cancellation and refund, please.

Neil
04-12-2014, 18:47
Hi Neil, whilst we are here - I noticed VAt has been charged - what should I do to get that refunded, and see that charged going forward?

Thanks
You would need to speak to OVH.ie about getting the VAT to removed.

mdekkers
04-12-2014, 18:15
Hi Neil, whilst we are here - I noticed VAt has been charged - what should I do to get that refunded, and see that charged going forward?

Thanks

mdekkers
04-12-2014, 18:14
Thanks!

Neil
04-12-2014, 18:03
It is now delivered, sorry about the wait.

mdekkers
04-12-2014, 17:45
Hi Neil,

Many thanks for following up - I hope to be able to use the system soon.

Neil
04-12-2014, 17:40
Hi

The hosts were out of stock but these have been added today so it should all be delivered in the next few hours.

mdekkers
04-12-2014, 17:13
Hi Neil,

Thanks for checking, the order is 33009575 - it appears to be stuck at provisioning vSphere.

Thanks!

Neil
04-12-2014, 14:58
Well, to be fair, it looks like there is some progress - I just noticed that an IPv6 range was allocated at some point.
Hello

Please can you provide your order number so I can make sure everything is okay with the order?

Neil

mdekkers
04-12-2014, 06:46
Well, to be fair, it looks like there is some progress - I just noticed that an IPv6 range was allocated at some point.

mdekkers
04-12-2014, 04:11
Ok, so - we opened a ticket on the 27th asking when we can expect provisioning of the solution we ordered. This was replied to on the 2nd with "we don't know". This is pretty much the answer we have received all along. We are now a week in, you have taken our money (this part, at least, was efficient) and we still don't know anything.

Here are some helpful hints:

Acceptable answers about provisioning times:
  • We are having a problem fulfilling your order as we are out of stock. We are expecting new stock on [Insert any date]
  • The provisioning team went out for a Christmas party, and are all terribly hungover. They will be back at work on [Insert Date] and your order will be provisioned on [Insert Date]
  • The datacenter is over capacity, but we can offer you a spot in [Another Datacenter] on [Insert Date]
  • We are terribly sorry that your order got lost in the queue, we will provision your order on [Insert Date]
  • As the order is provisioned in France, the provisioning team is on strike. They are expected to be back on {Insert Date]
  • [Any random text] but your order will be provisioned on [Insert Date]

Unacceptable answers about provisioning times:
  • We have no idea
  • [Crickets and Tumbleweed]

If we receive answers from the first list of options, we plan our technical staff accordingly. If we receive answers from the second list of options, we spend the time waiting shopping around for different solutions.

The takeaway here is that knowing what is going on, and managing expectations is pretty important for us. If you cannot help us with letting me know when we can expect delivery, can you maybe let us know what the process for obtaining a refund would be? And what the timelines for receiving our money back would be? All the cheap hosting deals in the world are meaningless if there is no useful and communicative support backing them up - seriously considering cancelling.

mdekkers
03-12-2014, 14:21
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Hi

Generally these are delivered in 72 Hours but I know a ticket was opened yesterday for your order and we are looking into why it has not been delivered yet.
HI Neil,

Thanks for that - yeah, have not heard anything since though, not knowing where we are and what to expect is a bit tough. I really like the idea and price point of the dedicated cloud, not so sure about the implementation unfortunately.

Neil
03-12-2014, 12:20
Hi

Generally these are delivered in 72 Hours but I know a ticket was opened yesterday for your order and we are looking into why it has not been delivered yet.

mdekkers
03-12-2014, 11:25
Hi all,

I ordered a dedicated cloud last week, and expected about a 72 hour or so wait, as indicated on the site when ordering. A week on, and nothing has been deployed yet. Been on the phone with support everyday since monday, was told on Monday that it would be deployed "by the end of business today", called again yesterday to be told "we opened a ticket with engineering" and called again today to be told "we will let you know when we have more news".

I know that OVH are not the best when it comes to support (this is the first time using their services, am with Rackspace and Softlayer at the moment) - is this pretty much what to expect? I am mostly concerned if I am going to get the same treatment when the sticky stuff hits the fan - that is the time I will need a support and tech team that's on the ball.