OVH Community, your new community space.

Still no take down of codedeception.com

Neil
22-12-2014, 12:33
Hi

Please contact our abuse team at abuse@ovh.net

Razakel
20-12-2014, 15:26
Quote Originally Posted by hazzardouz
I am a Developer for HonorBuddy, I created a program called HazzDruid which is a plug-in for HonorBuddy. So I own all rights and source code to HazzDruid. codedeception.com has modified my content (HazzDruid) which I own, which I made and which I own all legal rights to. codedeception.com has then released my product on their store without my permission or my consent.
No sympathy here mate. Get a real job and stop ruining games for other people.

Trapper
19-12-2014, 18:54
You seem to be confused so let me make this simple for you as you know nothing John Snow.
John Snow is a copyrighted character and the phrase "you know nothing John Snow" is also covered by copyright...

Just sayin'

~Trap

K.Kode
19-12-2014, 01:04
So you're complaining about a cheat developer stealing your cheat code?
You're just as low as them.

hazzardouz
18-12-2014, 22:22
You seem to be confused so let me make this simple for you as you know nothing John Snow.

I am a Developer for HonorBuddy, I created a program called HazzDruid which is a plug-in for HonorBuddy. So I own all rights and source code to HazzDruid. codedeception.com has modified my content (HazzDruid) which I own, which I made and which I own all legal rights to. codedeception.com has then released my product on their store without my permission or my consent. The law then states that if a hosting provider then knowingly allows a users to host illegal copyright content on a server that they own the hosting company is also responsible for the infringement. It is the hosting companies responsibility to remove this content from the users hosting and/or remove the users account. So far the hosting company (ovh.co.uk, ovh.com, ovh.net) has failed to take any steps to remove the content so we are now looking at legal options.

As an update also we where already given legal rights to obtain the details of the owner of codedeception.com which today where sent to us:

Lean Onme | 6451 Main St, Orton Grove, IL, 60053, US | +1.8139909711 | Rhainland@gmail.com | 71.100.121.203

So now be quite and stop thinking you know everything about the law and leave this to the pros.
I will again request that OVH enforce the breach of copyright and remove codedeception.com content.

K.Kode
18-12-2014, 19:47
Crazy. Thing is if you're hooking D3D functions they are external to the game software, and contrary to the ruling of "copying) RAM" hooks will (generally) add / overwrite the start of a function with a call/jmp to their own code before returning to it.

(Not pro cheating here, actually used to staff for an Anti Cheat company)

Razakel
18-12-2014, 17:46
It is the hosting companies responsibility to remove any copyright material from any of their servers.
Your dispute is with the owners of the site in question, not OVH. Dedicated servers are the responsibility of the customer and cannot be accessed by OVH without legal authority.

Quote Originally Posted by K.Kode
Out of curiosity what is the copyrighted material?
Cheats/Bots etc just add hooks in memory (D3D EndScene etc).
Blizzard managed to win a copyright infringement case against a guy who created a bot for WoW. The reasoning was that the game could only legitimately be copied into memory in accordance with the licence, so breaking the licence constituted copyright infringement.

The OP is claiming copyright infringement on his copyright-infringing software! This'll be funny.

K.Kode
16-12-2014, 16:37
Out of curiosity what is the copyrighted material?
Cheats/Bots etc just add hooks in memory (D3D EndScene etc).

Edouard OVH
16-12-2014, 15:14
Hello,

If you so must you can contact the OVH legal department at legal@ovh.net.

hazzardouz
16-12-2014, 15:02
Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDaz
Surely a copyright claim is something that can be disputed and its not down to OVH to decide whether or not these people have violated your copyright or not.

I would have thought that is a dispute between you and the owners of the site.
It is the hosting companies responsibility to remove any copyright material from any of their servers.

DigitalDaz
16-12-2014, 12:18
Surely a copyright claim is something that can be disputed and its not down to OVH to decide whether or not these people have violated your copyright or not.

I would have thought that is a dispute between you and the owners of the site.

hazzardouz
16-12-2014, 00:21
We have filed a report via abuse.ovh.net and still your company has failed to remove the website codedeception.com for multiple breaches of copyright. We have no option but to press forward with legal action as the case will now be forwarded to UKCS, Copyright Gov & Police Authoritise in both French & UK states.

We request a postal address so that legal documentation can be served.