OVH Community, your new community space.

unable to connect to my cod4 servers

RiZla
26-12-2014, 15:07
Quote Originally Posted by spiderindo
When you get error according to connection time out. The best ways is try to:
1. Stop all of your additional services, so the server look like new install (or better you Reinstall the server)
2. See if the server still get RTO
3. If server fine, then we know that some additional services make it overload. Try:
- # free -m
- # top
See what services make you overload. Remove any unnecessary services.

My advise you install Proxmox VE than make a single VPS inside so you still get enough connection even your services (inside VPS) get overload.b ut you need at least order 1 Additional IP. You can PM me, there is a cost you must pay if you need me do such setup

NB: SYS has great tool which you can see what happen on the screen Console! Look like you sit in front of your server!
Server has been reinstalled several times this is not a server or configuration error its a poor network problem

RiZla
26-12-2014, 15:02
Quote Originally Posted by ki11069
have you been contacted by support? how did you fill your refund request else but forum? thinking of doing the same.
This is the only place i asked for a refund and i dont suppose ill get one, Support say it loks like a dos attack but the mrtg graphs dont show any evidence of it whatever that means. all i know is i wont be renewing these services. soyoustart = quantity over quality = FAIL

spiderindo
26-12-2014, 06:25
When you get error according to connection time out. The best ways is try to:
1. Stop all of your additional services, so the server look like new install (or better you Reinstall the server)
2. See if the server still get RTO
3. If server fine, then we know that some additional services make it overload. Try:
- # free -m
- # top
See what services make you overload. Remove any unnecessary services.

My advise you install Proxmox VE than make a single VPS inside so you still get enough connection even your services (inside VPS) get overload.b ut you need at least order 1 Additional IP. You can PM me, there is a cost you must pay if you need me do such setup

NB: SYS has great tool which you can see what happen on the screen Console! Look like you sit in front of your server!

ki11069
26-12-2014, 05:49
have you been contacted by support? how did you fill your refund request else but forum? thinking of doing the same.

ki11069
24-12-2014, 11:35
Strange thing, we have same problems with connection to our server via UDP

RiZla
23-12-2014, 23:52
May i start by saying ive had one of your servers for a few weeks now and had nothing but problems. My cod4 server is online and pinging fine but say 75% of the time i am unable to connect to it (connection time out) What the **** is going on? I have been running servers for 10years+ and never experienced as much **** as this! Im getting better performance from a 1gb vps which cost a fraction of what i paid for this ****ty server.

It is true you get what you pay for. In the normal world you would expect to pay 100+ for this hardware on a decent network so i guess thats why you are so cheap!

I demand a refund simple as!! will go back to poundhost.