OVH Community, your new community space.

I got charged VAT on ,ie? I reside in North America

Elina275
23-01-2015, 04:20
i really think this VAT change is a joke.

------------------------------------------------------
ourcase
HTC one mini 2 screen protector

Criot
17-01-2015, 13:50
Quote Originally Posted by epcltd
Criot - Are you sure it only applies to EU residents? I was told iStock (which)are US based) were having issues when selling?
If you live in the EU under new EU VAT Laws you should be charged VAT at the rate of your country of residence, regardless of where the company is based. If the company is registered in the US and is serving EU Clients, they should be charging those EU Clients VAT at the rate of their country of residence, especially if they have a presence in the EU (offices, servers etc).

epcltd
17-01-2015, 11:40
Criot - Are you sure it only applies to EU residents? I was told iStock (which)are US based) were having issues when selling?

TomOVH
12-01-2015, 12:22
Quote Originally Posted by turbanator
Hi Ovh Staff,

I just got charged VAT even though i have been a long time ovh,.ie customer and had set up my id when ovh.ie had accepted orders from north america..i have been exempted from VAT for all this time and i am being charged a VAT of 23% now? why? My order has already been processed and credit card charged.

Please explain as the new vat rules should not be applying to outside EU customers.

I also noticed on the OVH system that starting Februrary the system has removed VAT but something happened in January. As soon as I realized that I was being charged VAT i tried cancelling the payment but it was too late.
Hello,

I apologise for this inconvenience, what is your nic handle? I'll then have this taken care of for you.

Criot
10-01-2015, 13:19
Quote Originally Posted by speedycar
This VAT change is a joke. No on seems to really understand it and when you should and shouldn't be charged VAT and which rate of VAT. It's really bad for trading overseas
It's a new EU law which all companies selling online must follow. You should only be charged VAT if you live in the EU and you will be charged at the rate of your country of residence.

speedycar
10-01-2015, 11:27
This VAT change is a joke. No on seems to really understand it and when you should and shouldn't be charged VAT and which rate of VAT. It's really bad for trading overseas

Maki187
02-01-2015, 23:16
Hey, don't worry, it's "global" problem with OVH, evryone has been charged VAT, they told that they will fix it, and as soon as they do it, they wil lrefund VAT to evryone.

Here is copy of message:

"Sorry for inconvenience.

This is a reported incident and we are working on it. When this incident will be fixed, we'll done a refund of the VAT on your account."

turbanator
02-01-2015, 16:04
Edward from .ie support says that is correct..I should not be charged VAT and he is forwarding to the London office to see what they can do..and that was the end of the call..any idea when I will get my refund of VAT charged? or who I should follow up with?

turbanator
02-01-2015, 15:53
Hi Ovh Staff,

I just got charged VAT even though i have been a long time ovh,.ie customer and had set up my id when ovh.ie had accepted orders from north america..i have been exempted from VAT for all this time and i am being charged a VAT of 23% now? why? My order has already been processed and credit card charged.

Please explain as the new vat rules should not be applying to outside EU customers.

I also noticed on the OVH system that starting Februrary the system has removed VAT but something happened in January. As soon as I realized that I was being charged VAT i tried cancelling the payment but it was too late.