OVH Community, your new community space.

VPS Cloud Server Down RBX

pbgben
07-01-2015, 09:49
My apologies for hijacking this thread,

Its your fault obokar, not OVH's if you loose (data/time/customers/etc) because YOU failed to have a dr plan... in the biggest text you can print this and hang it on your wall. N+1 = good sysadmin N+1 means redundancy, allways have two of everything, that way if one fails then you dont loose anything....

I have backups in Europe and america, I have servers in Europe and Canada not because I need the performance but because I need the redundancy... Guess what... 100% up time for 5 years now, sure I'vre had planed downtime and also many servers have failed on me, but because of the n+1 model I use I never have to worry about a complete failure.

obokar
07-01-2015, 07:56
Neil,

I managed to get it back live, however, I would like to know how is possible for the OS to crash after OVH has restarted the server ?

Using the KVM i had to run fsck to fix all the issues and then restart all the services.

You were more helpful then the guys from support tickets.

Neil
06-01-2015, 12:39
Hello

Now that is online again, use the KVM to access your VPS and find what the issue is.

obokar
06-01-2015, 10:36
Neil,

I've already tried it. Check the image attacked to see what I can see over OVH Manager.

Neil
06-01-2015, 10:26
Hi

If it is in Rescue Mode then you have loaded your recovery console, which is why you do not see any data has it needs to be mounted or access the mount folder. Change it back to Normal Mode to access your VPS again.

obokar
06-01-2015, 09:15
Neil,

Yesterday before your last message the support answered to my ticket, however, it looks like something happened at OVH end, because I just rebooted my VPS Cloud in safe mode and my websites vanish and no apache server. I still hope that I haven't lost my websites, due to the maintenence, also my server is still not serted and I just lost my clients for a day.

Who will be held responsible for this?

Neil
05-01-2015, 16:01
Can I have the ticket number ID so I can check?

obokar
05-01-2015, 15:02
Yes I did open one this morning but no one answered. Open on 05/01/2015 07:57

Neil
05-01-2015, 15:00
Hello

Have you opened an incident ticket in the OVH Manager?

obokar
05-01-2015, 14:51
Hi,

After almost 7h the VPS maintenance is fixed, however the server is not working. I've rebooted my vps and the only thing that I can see in the OVH Manager is the PING. SSH, HTTP, DNS, SMTP, TOOLS, the mentioned tools are offline and customer service over support page is not responding. Currently I am loosing traffic, how long it will take to get the server back ?