OVH Community, your new community space.

12 Month Contract Length on Essential Servers

heise
08-01-2015, 00:24
12 months commitment gives you small discount (= no setup fee) but until 15.1.2015 there is no setup fee anyway, so no benefit in choosing 12 months.

Criot
07-01-2015, 22:48
Quote Originally Posted by ShaneO
If I add a server to my basket it mentions -

Change the duration of the lease
Chosen duration: 1 month
Commitment of 12 months = Setup fee free

Perhaps I am reading this wrong but to me a 12 month commitment means a 12 month contract ?

Thanks

Shane
Commitment of 12 months means that you pay 12 months upfront, there are no contracts and it's completely up to you what billing cycle you choose.

ShaneO
07-01-2015, 20:40
If I add a server to my basket it mentions -

Change the duration of the lease
Chosen duration: 1 month
Commitment of 12 months = Setup fee free

Perhaps I am reading this wrong but to me a 12 month commitment means a 12 month contract ?

Thanks

Shane

Criot
07-01-2015, 15:34
Quote Originally Posted by ShaneO
Good morning

All the servers I see seem to have 12 month contract length, just to make sure if I order a server and not suitable does that mean I am tied in for 12 months ?

I see people not renewing but just not paying but surely they are tied by the contract ?

Thanks

Shane
There is no contract when you pay monthly? Where exactly are you seeing a 12 month contract?

ShaneO
07-01-2015, 13:23
Good morning

All the servers I see seem to have 12 month contract length, just to make sure if I order a server and not suitable does that mean I am tied in for 12 months ?

I see people not renewing but just not paying but surely they are tied by the contract ?

Thanks

Shane