OVH Community, your new community space.

Server suspended again

S0phie
20-01-2015, 15:37
Hi,

For the renewal of some services (eg: dedicated cloud) we send an invoice and you have 7 days to pay otherwise we suspend the service.

You can use the following link to renew the services you want: https://www.ovh.co.uk/cgi-bin/order/renew.cgi

Maki187
20-01-2015, 12:07
@SOphie, just one question for u, as I'm interested in this.
He had outstanding balance on previous account, right ?
And what that has to do with OVH ? U can't go into minus in OVH, so when u do not pay for service, u will be suspended and terminated after day or two.
So how is this all tied to this ? Maby he didn't want servers anymore, and only way to cancel them is to not pay bills.

Also interesting thing is that if u have multiple servers, there is no clear way to cancel specific server by not paying for it, because invoice for all servers come as one invoice.. lol.

S0phie
19-01-2015, 16:13
Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDaz
Criot,

I agree to a certain point except that this is the way I have done things for 7 years or so without problem until I did ask for a refund a little while back.
Just to clarify again: It's not due to a refund made in the past but an outstanding account linked to your email address.

DigitalDaz
18-01-2015, 18:35
Quote Originally Posted by Criot
A simple way to avoid this is to pay your invoices in advance. All companies generally generate invoices at least 3 days before the due date, and this is why. Something can go wrong with an automatic system (whether or not it's meant to) and therefore you need to contact Billing to sort it. What happens if your servers due on a saturday, so you pay on the saturday, and the system doesn't process the automatic payment? You have to wait until monday for Billing to open and during that time your server has been suspended.

Personally I'd say there's no one to blame but yourself, if you pay late/don't give enough time for the payment to be processed then you're bound to hit issues sooner or later.
Criot,

I agree to a certain point except that this is the way I have done things for 7 years or so without problem until I did ask for a refund a little while back.

Anyway, 18 x 15K SAS 300GB on their way to me says this won't happen again, the server can go back in the pool the sites can go in my half rack

LawsHosting
15-01-2015, 17:07
Quote Originally Posted by Criot
A simple way to avoid this is to pay your invoices in advance. All companies generally generate invoices at least 3 days before the due date, and this is why. Something can go wrong with an automatic system (whether or not it's meant to) and therefore you need to contact Billing to sort it.
I wonder how the automatic payment system will work in this case when they eventually add it, god forbid... If it is on the due date, then there'd be no different....... If we can set the date of the payment, not so bad.

Criot
15-01-2015, 16:08
A simple way to avoid this is to pay your invoices in advance. All companies generally generate invoices at least 3 days before the due date, and this is why. Something can go wrong with an automatic system (whether or not it's meant to) and therefore you need to contact Billing to sort it. What happens if your servers due on a saturday, so you pay on the saturday, and the system doesn't process the automatic payment? You have to wait until monday for Billing to open and during that time your server has been suspended.

Personally I'd say there's no one to blame but yourself, if you pay late/don't give enough time for the payment to be processed then you're bound to hit issues sooner or later.

S0phie
15-01-2015, 15:00
Other nic-handles are linked to your email address. One of them has been closed due to outstanding invoices dated in 2013. For this reason all accounts linked to your emails are now flagged. If you need further information, please contact us directly by email.

DigitalDaz
15-01-2015, 12:10
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
There are several accounts linked to this server in the past that have had charge backs (not refunds), also the server expired yesterday 14th, so it should of been renewed yesterday instead of waiting for the server to be expired.
Just to get this straight Neil are you saying there has been a charge back on one of my accounts because if you are there hasn't, I wouldn't even know how to go about initiating one so if there have been any I would like to know.

The more worrying alternative is if you are saying there were chargebacks on this particular physical server before I had it?

Neil
15-01-2015, 10:59
Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDaz
Just spoke on the phone and can not quite believe what I heard, firstly it should be back up 'within an hour or so' but the real interesting part is why this keeps going to manual check.

The guy said on the phone that it was because I have had refunds on this account so there it is guys, OVH punish you effectively, if you have had refunds from them!
There are several accounts linked to this server in the past that have had charge backs (not refunds), also the server expired yesterday 14th, so it should of been renewed yesterday instead of waiting for the server to be expired.

LawsHosting
15-01-2015, 10:37
Ludicrous....... So, say, if you get a refund for a server that had the SLA overdue, is that different? I know probably for SLA situations, they credit your account, so that's not a real refund.

I assume you had actual refunds?

DigitalDaz
15-01-2015, 10:24
Just spoke on the phone and can not quite believe what I heard, firstly it should be back up 'within an hour or so' but the real interesting part is why this keeps going to manual check.

The guy said on the phone that it was because I have had refunds on this account so there it is guys, OVH punish you effectively, if you have had refunds from them!

DigitalDaz
15-01-2015, 09:53
My server again has been suspended the morning after I paid for it.

I know I left it a little late but the point here is that I have now got no service BUT I'M STILL PAYING FOR THAT NO SERVICE however short the time may be!