OVH Community, your new community space.

repeated "defect" warning emails

webnix
16-01-2015, 05:50
Quote Originally Posted by Criot
If the monitoring IPs are in the allowed list in CSF they shouldn't be getting blocked by any limits.
the IP performing the ping is already added to the .allow/.ignore list but I was still getting the emails, but after changing the icmp_in_rate I didnt receive any

I cant find where to exclude an ip/cidr for icmp_in in csf, looks like it has to be global.

Thanks

Criot
15-01-2015, 17:02
If the monitoring IPs are in the allowed list in CSF they shouldn't be getting blocked by any limits.

webnix
15-01-2015, 16:16
Quote Originally Posted by Criot
Make sure all monitoring IPs/ports are unblocked and permanently allowed in any firewalls on your server.
ping is allowed and I tried that using several sites

I just checked csf and noticed "ICMP_IN_RATE = "1/s"

have disabled it now "ICMP_IN_RATE = "0", maybe thats whats preventing the monitoring system from pinging the server

Thanks

Criot
15-01-2015, 16:06
Make sure all monitoring IPs/ports are unblocked and permanently allowed in any firewalls on your server.

LawsHosting
15-01-2015, 15:46
I'm assume you've allowed the monitoring system to ping the server? (clutching at straws, said the scarecrow)

webnix
15-01-2015, 15:39
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Hi

When you get these emails does your server actually reboot?
Never, the server is functioning normally, its just these emails which is annoying and I dont want to turn off the monitoring since it is important

Thanks

Neil
15-01-2015, 14:38
Hi

When you get these emails does your server actually reboot?

webnix
15-01-2015, 12:41
Greetings

I'm getting many email notifications every day about "defect on server ..." and just a minute later I receive another message saying "end of defect"!!

I contacted the support team and they recommended rebooting in rescue mode and test the hardware, did that and found no errors, and the server is working ok.

SBG1

hope someone can help.

TIA.