OVH Community, your new community space.

How to use the full HDD space

leafwarbler
06-11-2015, 03:49
Windows can allow the OS drive to be more than 2TB if the bootmanager is GPT. The space problem is related to MBR/GPT. So you need to convert MBR to GPT. But you have to make sure your motherboard mode, if you want to convert to GPT, the motherboard must be UEFI. If it is not, you cannot make the drive a GPT. The specific method is 3rd-party tool that is useful for you. Like MiniTool PW, it is specially convenient and easy to operate. I think you do not wanna the process to be complex.

anilkumar247
28-01-2015, 04:01
Quote Originally Posted by heise
You can always contact me...
Sent email to you

heise
28-01-2015, 03:35
You can always contact me...

anilkumar247
27-01-2015, 18:57
Quote Originally Posted by freshwire
Since it might not be clear; he is referring to the MBR to GPT in Windows guide. I've not used the guide myself but MBR does have a 2TB limit so converting to GPT is the solution so you can at least use it as a starting point.
hi
Yeah i figures he is talking about this, as i did some online search also.
The only problem is that i have been reading the tut for 2 days now. Haven't completed it yet .

If only i had someone who could do this for me, i am ready to pay

freshwire
26-01-2015, 18:54
Quote Originally Posted by heise
Yes, you can use 9TB partition with Windows, BUT it is little bit tricky. See signature on how to do it.
Since it might not be clear; he is referring to the MBR to GPT in Windows guide. I've not used the guide myself but MBR does have a 2TB limit so converting to GPT is the solution so you can at least use it as a starting point.

heise
25-01-2015, 22:01
Yes, you can use 9TB partition with Windows, BUT it is little bit tricky. See signature on how to do it.

crowarth
25-01-2015, 18:40
I do believe it's an issue with Windows now allowing more than 2TB for the OS. Slightly annoying, but then again that's why I use Ubuntu!

anilkumar247
25-01-2015, 12:14
Hello
I bought a 9 TB (3*3 ) server today. Installed windows.
But the problem now is that i cant use the full space
http://prntscr.com/5wt46w
tried various configs, but still i will be left with around 800 GB of space that cant be utilized
Any help is appreciated.

Oh and i dont mind getting the whole space in one drive letter
But i think windows will not allow the OS Drive to be more than 2 TB.
Haven't searched about this issue in the net yet
As i thought i will ask here first, as for all my last queries i got help in the forum