OVH Community, your new community space.

Personal web hosting better than profesional webhosting plan?

Genielets
14-02-2015, 19:25
interesting

freshwire
28-01-2015, 14:14
What execution time give you in your profesional hostings?
On my dedicated server it's getting 3.5 seconds. Your performance plan is getting faster speeds despite being several times cheaper and your personal plan isn't far off despite being 20x cheaper. As I said initially: this test is not good.

emocion
28-01-2015, 02:49
Quote Originally Posted by freshwire
This isn't a good measure of web hosting performance. It only tests the CPU. There are many more factors to consider.
Freshwire of course, but such an important thing as CPU performance can not be taken lightly .
Personal Plan: 4-5 segs
Performance Plan: 2-3 segs

Profesional plan: 11-12 segs...Something is not right

What execution time give you in your profesional hostings?

Thanks, regards.

freshwire
26-01-2015, 18:49
This isn't a good measure of web hosting performance. It only tests the CPU. There are many more factors to consider.

emocion
26-01-2015, 06:22
Hello everyone!

Due to a problem of slowness that experience in one of my profesional hosts i run a simple test that gives an idea of the speed of cpu by the execution of a script-php (http://www.php-benchmark-script.com) , less time to run the script = more cpu speed have on the host (higher performance).

I have been surprised to detect as in my professional plan (where experience slow) the execution of the script gives me high time (11-12 seconds) while in my personal web hosting plans give me 5s and 3segs for my performance webhosting plan!

How can it be that the personal plan is giving me better performance cpu-execution of php that professional?

You can do the test yourself, upload bench.php file to any directory on your ftp executing it in the web browser, and compare time execution in personal and profesional plan.

What do think? A lower plan is giving better performance?

Greetings!

PD: Official page file download http://www.php-benchmark-script.com