OVH Community, your new community space.

Site Hijacked

donald22
26-01-2015, 20:37
No it's a one off setup charge with new servers, I have plesk panel so I can add as many IP's as I want.

freshwire
26-01-2015, 20:30
a failover IP is only a couple of quid
I think this is a monthly charge. If you continue with this idea you will still need to configure nginx to only bind to the failover IP.. otherwise it won't solve the problem.

donald22
26-01-2015, 20:20
Hmmm not sure I understand that, a failover IP is only a couple of quid so I think I will just move the site over.

freshwire
26-01-2015, 20:03
I can't imagine how I can influence its DNS or redirection?
You won't be able to stop the requests coming to your server but you can control how your server responds. That's all you need to achieve both options I've already suggested.

1. Is the server running Windows or Linux?
2. You have full control over the server? Root access?
3. Which HTTP software do you use? Apache/nGinx/lighttpd/etc.

There are people here on the forum (myself included) who you can pay to do it for you if you want. It's not something too technical though so you should be able to figure it out with a bit of reading. You could search for "redirect domain to another" along with the name of the HTTP software you use. That should give you a few guides.

Edit: The HTTP headers from your site indicate you are using nginx. Assuming that's correct then this guide should help.

donald22
26-01-2015, 19:45
You will need to explain how I can do that because as I don't own that domain, I can't imagine how I can influence its DNS or redirection?

The main thing I am worried about is having duplicate content on google with my domain and that domain

freshwire
26-01-2015, 18:43
The previous owner of your server/IP was likely the owner of that domain; they just didn't update the DNS when they cancelled the server. Your site has not been hijacked. You just need to setup your server correctly.

Option 1: Forward all requests to your actual domain.
Option 2: Show an error page (such as 404) when that domain is requested.

donald22
26-01-2015, 14:00
I have a vbulletin forum hosted on an OVH server IP 37.187.90.81 I am using the standar n1, n2 dns. It is at www.phenix-limited.com this morning I noticed in my analytics that I was getting visits to a site with the URL niaveo.fr so I visited the site and it is my site. With some investigation I have found out that the domain owner is using OVH anycast dns and pointing it to my servers IP address. What can I do about this? Please see screenshots.