We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

VAT Removal problem

Edouard OVH
04-03-2015, 15:10
Hello,

Your account was credited on the 17th of February for the value of the VAT you had paid on your initial orders.

Regards

anon_junkie
04-03-2015, 12:52
So this post is only to assist anybody in the future who may stumble across it.

Dealing with OVH over the VAT issues was a nightmare. It took months of constantly contacting them via email / forums / and internal support. *Finally* my bills reflect no VAT, but I never recieved a refund for multiple VAT charges. I've asked multiple times about a refund and each time they reply "Refund has been issued", yet I never got one. It was never posted to my bank account nor was the amount subtracted from my next bill.

I've decided to move onto another provider. OVH customer support is severely lacking at this time. It was clear to me that various departments have very bad communication with one another as I'd frequently get replies like "I'm not sure why such and such didn't do such and such".

Just a warning to anybody that requires reliable and quick customer service for their servers.

(Sorry to those of you who really do try hard. Overall, the CS team is in rough shape right now)

Wajdan
13-02-2015, 21:00
VAT removed from my account finally. thanks OVH.

styx
13-02-2015, 04:56
Same here. But a little bit different.
Validation is ok.
I got a reply
I have requested a VAT exemption be applied to your account.
Please allow our billing department 48 hours to complete this request.
This was 10 days ago.
And still waiting and waiting.
nick handle: pi17638-sys

Can someone take a look?
I would really appreciate it. My birthday is this sunday so i would really like to get a present from SYS.

Thanks.

davidovh
12-02-2015, 10:53
Quote Originally Posted by anon_junkie
Will,

Again, thank you for your email. You are the only person that seems to acknowledge that I exist over at OVH.

Unfortunately I still have not received any replies from the VAT team. I am still being charged VAT and I have not received any refunds for the past 2 months of VAT.

I am losing faith in the OVH team, and I'm wondering if OVH is really the place I should be spending my money. If they ignore me for months on an important billing issue, what will happen when my servers have an issue that requires technical assistance?

Again, Will, thank you for your efforts though.
Hello,

I have sent a reminder to the SoyouStart billing department requesting the refund of VAT on the 2 orders associated with your account.

Wajdan
12-02-2015, 10:00
Same problem as yours. Waiting for VAT removal for more than a month now. Requested VAT removal 3 times now. Every time I have received response that it will be removed within 48 hours but nothing happens.

Virtualmente
12-02-2015, 06:31
I was just trying to order a new server right now, and even tho I submitted my eligible EU VAT ID, it seems impossible to remove VAT from the billing. After reading this ticket, I realize that it seems OVH is too complicated to just not charge what they are already not supposed to.. I'm still waiting for a support reply, but now i'm not sure if I will go ahead and become a client.

anon_junkie
11-02-2015, 10:15
Will,

Again, thank you for your email. You are the only person that seems to acknowledge that I exist over at OVH.

Unfortunately I still have not received any replies from the VAT team. I am still being charged VAT and I have not received any refunds for the past 2 months of VAT.

I am losing faith in the OVH team, and I'm wondering if OVH is really the place I should be spending my money. If they ignore me for months on an important billing issue, what will happen when my servers have an issue that requires technical assistance?

Again, Will, thank you for your efforts though.

WillOVH
06-02-2015, 14:12
Hi anon_junkie,

I was following up on this when I noticed I had already emailed you this morning. Please check your mail. Thank you.

anon_junkie
05-02-2015, 17:29
Will,

Unfortunately I am still having VAT problems. You mentioned to me that it should take 48 hours for everything to get sorted out. It has been 7 days since that message. I have yet to receive any refunds after about 5 weeks of trying. I was just charged another month's bill and was charged VAT again.

It seems posting here on the forums is the only way to get staff members to acknowledge me. Emailing hasn't been producing results.

Thank you for any help you can provide, and again, I'm sorry for having to post this to public facing forums...

WillOVH
29-01-2015, 10:53
Hi anon_junkie ( '', )

I have responsed to your email. I took your email into my mailbox this moring so you would have got a response today either way. It looks like you received an incorrect response, to rectify this, I have requested the VAT exemption for you and I will have any VAT charged to your account returned soon after the exemption has been applied. I have set a reminder to follow up on your request early next week, as the exemption should be applied then. After this all future orders or renewals will be VAT exempt.

anon_junkie
28-01-2015, 14:20
Hi,

I did not want to have to come to the forums to post this but it seems this is the best way to get things done.

I requested VAT removal 25 days ago, and have sent several emails since then including all the proper documents - I have used the contact form as you guys want us to do, but get no replies. I have sent more than 1 email over the past 25 days to validation-ie@soyoustart.com with no help.

Recently a staff member replied to my latest request to that email address asking why I want extra IP addresses - I requested nothing with extra IP addresses. I think they replied to the wrong person and ignored my actual request?

Can I please get some momentum on this VAT removal? I am about to be charged VAT a second time now.

The server in question is ns3297264.ip-5-135-189.eu .

I understand you don't want these requests posted here, but what else can I do? I've followed the appropriate channels with no momentum.

Thank you for any help you can provide.