We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Additional IP in Canada?

alvaroag
11-02-2015, 22:31
Commercial rules are the same for all datacenters. That is, no matter where your server is located, OVH will allow you to buy up to 16 IPs free of monthly charge, and up to 128 IPs with monthly charge(€2/month). IP installation charges €2 one time.

Regarding to the IP country: When you have the server in BHS, you can buy IPs geolocated(whois) in CA & US. When your server is in France(RBX,GRA,SBG), you can buy IPs from many EU countries(FR,ES,UK, etc),

Also note that the default IP for your server, the one which is included from the beginning, will allways be from the country where your server is located. That is, a Canadian IP for BHS, and a French IP for RBX,SBG & GRA.

Finally, note that the geolocation of the IP refers only to the WHOIS information, so some GEOIP databases may consider thje IP is located on wherever the WHOIS says, and other databases may not.

heise
11-02-2015, 20:01
Did you try to order extra IPs? I guess it should be possible.

Simeon
08-02-2015, 13:38
Sorry, but I'm not sure if I got an answer to my question here.

Would it be possible for a member of staff to answer this question?

To clarify, my question is:
If I'm hosted in the BHS Canadian Data Center with a SoYouStart Dedicated Server, is it possible to purchase additional IP addresses?

Criot
31-01-2015, 18:41
I believe you can only get US/CA IPs if your server is in the BHS Datacenter. If your server is in a Datacenter in France you can only get EU IPs.

Simeon
31-01-2015, 18:19
I know with OVH they don't allow you to purchase additional IP's in Canada, does the same apply to SYS? If not, is it the same as with the French data center?