OVH Community, your new community space.

VPS Cloud 1 question

Dani
02-02-2015, 15:59
Hi

For the VPS classic range, windows isn't available as an OS.

For windows it has to be an VPS cloud.

The OVH VPS cloud windows template install windows as its own. Depending on the additional server roles, it may take additional space.

For the VPS, if you do find out that your running out of space on the VPS cloud 1, you can upgrade it to the VPS cloud 2 within your manager whilst preserving the same IP address and the data on the VPS.

Danny

Criot
01-02-2015, 18:04
Quote Originally Posted by TechGen
So why do the VPS Classic 1 and VPS Classic 2 come included with a free Windows licence which is useless because if you tried installing it on one of these models you'd be left with virtually no space? Am I missing something here? It was my intention to buy the VPS Cloud 1 and install Windows Server 2012 R2 which comes free with this package but now I can't? This seems like false advertising...
Not up to me to answer that, but it wouldn't really be the fault of OVH that Microsoft recommend more than what OVH provide.

It'd hardly be false advertising as they do provide the license for free.

TechGen
01-02-2015, 15:00
Quote Originally Posted by Criot
The operating system will take up the hard drive space that you're allocated, so you'd need VPS Cloud 2 if the minimum requirements for windows is 32GB.
So why do the VPS Classic 1 and VPS Classic 2 come included with a free Windows licence which is useless because if you tried installing it on one of these models you'd be left with virtually no space? Am I missing something here? It was my intention to buy the VPS Cloud 1 and install Windows Server 2012 R2 which comes free with this package but now I can't? This seems like false advertising...

Criot
01-02-2015, 13:40
The operating system will take up the hard drive space that you're allocated, so you'd need VPS Cloud 2 if the minimum requirements for windows is 32GB.

TechGen
01-02-2015, 11:31
I'm interested in ordering this model to take advantage of its free windows license but notice it has a small hard drive of 25 GB. Does that mean I cannot run Windows Server 2012 R2 because it requires a minimum: 32 GB as specified here? https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../dn303418.aspx or does the OS not count towards the 25 GB hard drive space this model has?

I plan to run a LAMP stack or alternative webserver, a hosting control panel, teamspeak3, and few medium sized websites.

Thank you for having the patience to read my post.