We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Is this a serious company?

alvaroag
11-02-2015, 22:49
As Kamilleri stated, you are not buying IP addresses, you are renting them. Renting an IP from a large provider as OVH and many others means thet it's 99.9% probable the IP has been used by other customer before you, and nobody can tell if that customer spammed or not. Also, any ISP can guarantee it's customers will never send SPAM, or their IP's will never get blacklisted.

If you got an IP in a blacklist, even when it's not your fault, it's really easy to unlist it. That, if you really need to do so, because many blacklists automatically unlist the IP some time after the listing if it does not gets listed again. On my experience, one or two of the IPs I wojrk with were listed when I recieved them, I unlisted, and now they are fully working.

Note that an IP blacklisting may not be the only reason a server can reject mail from your IP. A common practice on mail servers is to require a match between the SMTP HELO server name and the reverse IP. I see you didn't assigned reverse IP to any of your IPs, so maybe there's the problem. If your mail server hostname is mail.company.com, you must put the reverse for it on the manager with the same hostname. It's also a good idea to configure SPF for your domain.

You can use MXtoolbox to check if your server meets the minimal good practices for mail servers.

heise
11-02-2015, 21:16
@bouzikas you do understand the concept of blacklists? OVH guarantees that you will not be on any major blacklist, like SPAMHAUS, which I am sure, is not the case. If sites like hotmail ask you to manually unblock yourself, ask hotmail while they preventively blacklist ip ranges. So either live with it or follow unblocking procedures. Actually if a blacklist like v4bl should blacklists you, find yourself honoured. I personally would not want anyone to receive emails from me, that uses them...

Kamilleri
09-02-2015, 11:41
Quote Originally Posted by hostnottingham
If you give someone an IP address, it should be clean, if it is blocked SYS should unblock it. End of story.
You are not buying this IP address. You are renting it.
It was used previously by previous customer.

As I understand, the blacklist we are speaking about is related to some public blacklists (DNSBL), which are reacting to some spam or other bad activity and marking those addresses as "blacklisted".

Let's say you are the owner of those kind of lists. Let's say you are owning the most wide used DNSBL service.
SyS to you - is just like another user, just like anybody else.
It's not important, who requests unlisting - SyS customer or SyS itself, as this DNSBL service - is some 3rd party not related to SyS at all. They don't care if you just a user or a hosting company.

You could continue to whine about "everybody around should do as I say because I'm a customer and I don't care",
or you could spend just a couple of minutes to solve your situation. We already founded at least two solutions for that. I already done something like this previously using another hosting service.

hostnottingham
09-02-2015, 09:16
If you give someone an IP address, it should be clean, if it is blocked SYS should unblock it. End of story.

Kamilleri
09-02-2015, 00:13
Quote Originally Posted by bouzikas
I do not care WHO or WHY those IPs got listed!
Again, I can understand your case. I am another customer, just like you.
But with that kind of attitude
(OMG THEY MUST LICK MY SHOES FOR ME AT ANY QUESTION-kind),
if I would be SyS, I wouldn't care either. Just like you.

They tried they best at providing their service. 99% of other clients don't stuck with issues like that.
Blacklisting happening not because SyS fault, but because of current/previous customer misconfiguration/security flaws with products (for example)/real spam activity from those addressses.

Instead of this ridiculous talk, you could just describe situation with more calm tone, and anybody, for example me, could suggest you to require another Failover IP from another country (there is range of them) to make less chance that it would be blacklisted somewhere just like your mentioned IP range.

bouzikas
07-02-2015, 23:48
Excuse me Kamilleri but SYS can check if I have sent spam! They can check my traffic that is ZERO!
I do not care WHO or WHY those IPs got listed! I want my money back so I can continue having a professional cooperation with a company that has SUPPORT and not this one! This is not a professional company!

You cannot obviously check 10.000 IPs! But you can get them back and give some whitelisted so your CUSTOMER is happy to do business with you!

I am not happy and in my country we say that the begging is the half of everything! The begging with SYS was a disaster and i want my money back!

Kamilleri
07-02-2015, 21:09
Stop this whining.

I can understand your situation.

But this is what "dedication server" is.
Previous customers probably were using this server/IP to do some bad stuff, or was infected with virus because of misconfiguration.

That's some usual case. This could happened even with your beloved Hetzner (and I used to be in 2 cases like this before).

Most of the blacklists are cleaning IPs after some days of their inactivity.
As you can check it now, they all are green: http://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?...+&run=toolpage

Instead of this whining, you could just request delist where you needed it the most. Just as everybody else.
Or request another IP in another location, not the same you purchased several times. Probably it would be frm another pool, and chances of it being blacklisted somewhere would be less.

Also, there is chance that those IPs was blacklisted because of your activty.
I think there isn't any way for SyS to check it, so obviously this situation could be "i used my dedication to send spam and then want to refund".

Spamlists and blacklists - are 3rd party services that SyS isn't own.
And it's not their responsibility to check every thousands of them every minute. What would you do if you would be a hosting company with 10000 IPs? Would do customers job by yourself? That's nonsence. The best they could do - to do something that you could do yourself. It's not very time costly. But if you don't want to do that, you have alternative I described above.

Anyway, wish you best.
Don't act like some whiny. It wouldn't help anybody at all - nor you or SyS.

Maki187
07-02-2015, 16:43
I agree with bouzikas, it's your job to deliver clean (delisted) IP's, and if u can't do it, then you should either give him new IP's (and give this old to client who does not even know what is blacklisted, and there is plenty of them), or to give him a refund.
And of story.

bouzikas
07-02-2015, 10:47
I do not want a link to delist! I want my money back so i can get lost! I do not want to cooperate with you!
I just want my money back because i feel deceived! Please, refund me for a product I HAVE NEVER USED! I just installed centos! NOTHING ELSE NOTHING MORE! This is ridiculous! You wont refund me and you are giving me blacklisted IPs telling me to delist them!

NO SIR IS YOUR JOB TO DELIST THEM AND OFFER THEM TO YOUR CLIENTS! THIS IS PROFESSIONAL!

Dani
06-02-2015, 11:03
Hi

The IP of 37.59.88.168 hasn't been configured to be usable and in addition to this, the IP can be delisted from that one source.

Here is an direct link:
http://www.spamsources.fabel.dk/delist?ip=37.59.88.168

Danny

bouzikas
06-02-2015, 08:45
Guess what?! I havent used my server since 20/01 and they have sent me the new invoice! LOL

I CANNOT USE THIS SERVER DUE TO MANY PROBLEMS THAT YOU HAVE TO SOLVE!
I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED AND I WANT TO GET TO WORK THIS OR GIVE ME MY MONEY*BACK SO I CAN STAY IN HETZNER!

bouzikas
05-02-2015, 23:18
Razakel, would you like me to send you an IP that was delisted and tell me why my emails wont deliver to many providers?
Because MANY providers have their own lists and you have to request delist from them too... That's why i do not want a blacklisted IP.

Razakel
05-02-2015, 16:14
You're on one blacklist.

You can get delisted from it here:

http://www.spamsources.fabel.dk/delist

bouzikas
05-02-2015, 10:13
This is the email i received from YOUR support:

"Dear Sir / Madam,

It is not possible to receive a refund for the server once an OS installed as stated on page 6 section 6.3 paragraph 2 "in the absence of provision of the Service by the Supplier, the Customer reserves the right to request cancellation of the transaction and a refund of the sums already paid."

Also all the IPs associated with your server are blacklisted.

If there is anything else please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,
SoyouStart Customer Support"

After this, I checked the IPs and they were blacklisted!

There you go: http://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?...+&run=toolpage

Neil
05-02-2015, 10:01
I have checked your IPs and they are not blacklisted anywhere.

bouzikas
05-02-2015, 09:18
I guess this is my nic: ns302710.ip-94-23-200.eu

Maki187
05-02-2015, 00:11
if U still do not know your nic-handle, just give them your server IP (main IP, not blacklisted).
and no, this is not serious company, u should go directly to OVH not to SYS, in OVH they have good support, in SYS.. it's better then it used to be, but still bad.
OVH is much expensive, but it's better.

AlbaHost
04-02-2015, 22:27
Nic-handle is customer id like: lm123456-sys

bouzikas
04-02-2015, 22:23
Where do i find the nic-handle?
And what are you going to check? The blacklisted IPs? I do not want any of them. I do not want your server. I just want you to refund me and i will get lost! I dont want to hear about OVH again! I am really MAD about all this!

S0phie
04-02-2015, 10:23
Hi,

Could you please provide your nic-handle and we'll check this issue. Thanks.

bouzikas
03-02-2015, 13:32
Hi, i purchased a server in 20/01. I bought 4 IPs too so i can assign them to my VPS.
I installed an OS to my dedicated but i havent set a VPS or anything else on it.
These guys here, gave my 4 IPs that are blacklisted!
I request to change them with whitelisted ones. They answered that they are not responsible for this situation and is my responsibility because i was sending out spam!
I answered that I have never assigned those IPs to any system so it could be impossible for me to send out spam.
They answered that the only thing i had to do is to request for delist from the organization that blacklisted those IPs.
I told them that it is not my responsibility to request such a thing and i would like new ones.
After 4 days that nobody answered i sent them an email asking them to answer.
Nobody answered so today i sent another email telling them that they are not serious and this is not professional!
They told me that they cannot do anything else so i have to do THEIR job and deal with those IPs!

I had in the past a blacklisted IP and i couldnt send email even i have requested delist from ALL the organizations!
Please is there anyone here to tell me what am i supposed to do with those guys?

I guess this is all happening because I am from Greece (sorry for my English!)