OVH Community, your new community space.

Remote desktop stopped working

rickyday
20-01-2009, 19:03
Quote Originally Posted by DukeDauphin
how do i reset the password on my remote desktop? someone who was using it has changed it and now i cant log in, although the box is in my name ...... :P
If its a windows box, you change the password by user account.

Go into control panel/Administrative Tools/Computer Management/Local Users and Groups and then right click user and set password.

DukeDauphin
20-01-2009, 17:55
how do i reset the password on my remote desktop? someone who was using it has changed it and now i cant log in, although the box is in my name ...... :P

Takanta
10-10-2008, 12:00
this is what happened to mine last night, it didnt respond to anything, but mines was ubuntu. i had to reinstall the OS to get it working again

Abducted
10-10-2008, 10:38
Can you get into windows when running in vKVM mode?
If so, download Prime95 (http://mersenne.org/gimps/p95v257.zip) and run the blend stress test to check the CPU for stability/errors.
You can also use vKVM to reconfigure your remote desktop (or maybe firewall that could be blocking it)

BELLonline
10-10-2008, 00:27
I've tried the tests and the processor one doesn't seem to finish, does that mean that there's a fault?

Abducted
09-10-2008, 12:54
I assume the web interface yo're talking about is vKVM which you can also start (in the OVH manager website) yourself next time.

BELLonline
09-10-2008, 12:40
ok then, 24 hours after booting it in to rescue mode, I've just got an email with some login details and a web interface to do tests. Seems strange that it took so long, I thought it would have been instant.

EDIT: Support staff must look in these forums because I'm getting instant responses now

BELLonline
09-10-2008, 12:31
Hi,

I hope someone can help because the support staff don't want to help.

I have a windows server which has stopped responding to remote desktop (although it still pings). I tried rebooting it a few times with no luck.

I opened a support ticket and eventually got a reply saying to boot it in to rescue mode (which I did). I still couldn't access remote desktop, support then said that I need to log in using SSH which I thought was strange with a Windows server (but I may be wrong). I tried that and got Connection Refused.

The member of staff dealing with my support request seems unwilling to let me know where I'm going wrong and I'm having to wait 24 hours between replies, any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks