OVH Community, your new community space.

When will gameservers be renewable?

klausenbusk
08-02-2015, 17:42
Quote Originally Posted by Maki187
Yes, discount will be there until end of BETA, and BETA started i Think in Jul.
But as I can see, nothing from this soon, and I'm desprate for Game Anti DDoS, as free booter can take down OVH server with current protection, and that is big problem for us game hosters.
Exactly the reason that I was asking! I was using Runabove before, but my server was down due to DDoS many hours every day, not optimal...

Quote Originally Posted by Maki187
They told me also that they are planing VPS servers with Game Anti DDoS.
The Game Anti DDoS for Runabove could be really nice!

Maki187
08-02-2015, 17:00
Yes, discount will be there until end of BETA, and BETA started i Think in Jul.
I was spaming Oles, owner of OVH on twitter and he sent me to some of his stuff on other twitter account, they told me at that time (beginign of January), that Game Servers should be soon released (end of BETA), and also they will change all models of servers for Game range.
They told me also that they are planing VPS servers with Game Anti DDoS.

But as I can see, nothing from this soon, and I'm desprate for Game Anti DDoS, as free booter can take down OVH server with current protection, and that is big problem for us game hosters.

Criot
07-02-2015, 23:32
No, support have clearly said that you can only renew it for 14 days currently, and that the discount is applied during the beta (until 28th February), however, each month they have been extending the Beta, so the discount will continue on until the Beta ends.

klausenbusk
07-02-2015, 21:02
The website says:
A 50% discount is applied to the price of the server during the beta test until 28/02/2015. Non-renewable commitment of 14 days.
But the support says, that it only apply for the discount..
Dear Sir / Madam,

The discount ends on the 28th February. When the beta will end is currently not known.
At this time the servers can only be hired for 14 day periods. You are unable to renew the server at this time so a new order would need to be placed.

I am looking forward to the end of the beta, whenever that may be, as we have had a great response to the offers.

If there is anything else please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,
William

Customer Support
So I'm a little confused..