OVH Community, your new community space.

OVH ABUSE Action*

S0phie
19-02-2015, 12:28
AlbaHost,

I'm now closing this thread. If you do not want any other users to comment on your thread and if you just want OVH to reply to your queries, please contact your local support.

AlbaHost
19-02-2015, 12:18
Criot, you create a new nickname to blame more, since you seems to be the same with both usernames. And ya this is very smart You was not enought with one username blaming around there now you created another one just to make your words right hell yeah. Only smart persons do that
BTW, our services are not terminated but wasting time with you it's really not worth it.

Criot
18-02-2015, 23:19
All this thread goes to show is that the OP has a bad attitude and violates the companies Terms of Service, oh, and that they were right to terminate your service, I don't blame them for the way you've acted on here.

Don't forget that you're using your companies name 'AlbaHost' which therefore means you're representing your company, for which I would recommend everyone avoids like the plague.

alvaroag
18-02-2015, 22:12
Why do you just insult instead of answering? That reveals why you are here. You're not writing to complaint, you are just mad because OVH terminated your service because you blatantly voilated the TOS. That's quite easy to deduce now. You could have said that from the first post and this discussion wouldn't had occurred.

BTW, weren't you warned about your language?

AlbaHost
18-02-2015, 21:36
Quote Originally Posted by alvaroag
Read the OVH mails once again. There says "You have 48 hours to suspend all IRC related activities from OVH network". Whet do you think they mean by "all IRC related activities"? That means anything to do with IRC. That may include: IRC servers, IRC bots, IRC proxies, etc. And you didn't, so you got suspended.

Also, you never said you stopped IRC servers. Instead, you reconized you had IRC servers ran by your customers( http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.ph...ll=1#post69918 ), and that you didn't stopped them ( http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.ph...ll=1#post69920 ). Looks like I'm not the blind one.

Finally, let me explain you something that, apparently, you miss. It's about being polite. Even if you totally disagree with OVH TOS, or OVH proceedings, or whatever I (or other forum members, or OVH staff) say, your best option will always be to answer without insulting anyone. It may make no matter for me(and for some), but this forum is OVH's, and, as any place, physical or virtual, you may observe some rules. That's what S0phie tells you about. I don't think they want to ban you just for claiming, as you are not the first and certainly not the last one, but this forum can't become a no-law, so they may ban you if you don't behave. Also, your answers show what you are made of, so, untill now, you may judge how you are presenting yourself.
Yes for sure, another sick one which pretend to be smart. Just go away from this thread thats all, don't need your bullsh*t words.

alvaroag
18-02-2015, 18:57
Read the OVH mails once again. There says "You have 48 hours to suspend all IRC related activities from OVH network". Whet do you think they mean by "all IRC related activities"? That means anything to do with IRC. That may include: IRC servers, IRC bots, IRC proxies, etc. And you didn't, so you got suspended.

Also, you never said you stopped IRC servers. Instead, you reconized you had IRC servers ran by your customers( http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.ph...ll=1#post69918 ), and that you didn't stopped them ( http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.ph...ll=1#post69920 ). Looks like I'm not the blind one.

Finally, let me explain you something that, apparently, you miss. It's about being polite. Even if you totally disagree with OVH TOS, or OVH proceedings, or whatever I (or other forum members, or OVH staff) say, your best option will always be to answer without insulting anyone. It may make no matter for me(and for some), but this forum is OVH's, and, as any place, physical or virtual, you may observe some rules. That's what S0phie tells you about. I don't think they want to ban you just for claiming, as you are not the first and certainly not the last one, but this forum can't become a no-law, so they may ban you if you don't behave. Also, your answers show what you are made of, so, untill now, you may judge how you are presenting yourself.

AlbaHost
18-02-2015, 16:57
Quote Originally Posted by S0phie
Hi,

Could you please watch your language AlbaHost?! Once again you're free to share your opinions and disagree with anyone about anything on this forum but we don't tolerate insults. Here are our forum guidelines as a reminder: http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.ph...rum-guidelines

If such incident occurs again we'll have no choice but to ban you from this forum.
Hi,

Reacting in our case is much better instead of reacting in my language. BTW you can ban me its very easy, maybe banning me will be your solution in this non resolved case.

Cheers.

S0phie
18-02-2015, 16:49
Hi,

Could you please watch your language AlbaHost?! Once again you're free to share your opinions and disagree with anyone about anything on this forum but we don't tolerate insults. Here are our forum guidelines as a reminder: http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.ph...rum-guidelines

If such incident occurs again we'll have no choice but to ban you from this forum.

AlbaHost
18-02-2015, 15:28
Let's quote some of the OVH phrases:

https://abuse.ovh.net/repo/ipayzcvkabgysnuxvwnx.txt

Briefly: "Plase suspend any IRC activity on your servers ans tell us what you did within 24 hours."

https://abuse.ovh.net/repo/byrukbmdhvixvlbqscgt.txt

Briefly: "Suspend any IRC activity on your servers within 48 hours or we will suspend your services and close your accounts.

https://abuse.ovh.net/repo/bkrsxfagmhaqtcmtqbyp.txt

https://abuse.ovh.net/repo/zfspeafpwpwpqqffmnxm.txt

Briefly: "If all about you running IRC servers. You are not authorized to do so"

So:

- You were running IRC server(s) on your dedicated servers
- Running IRC servers is forbidden by TOS, unless you get permissión from OVH
- You didn't got permission from OVH to run IRC servers
- OVH gave you 24 hours to suspend IRC activity on your servers
- You did nothing
- OVH gave you additional 48 hours to suspend any IRC activity on your servers, or they whould terminate all your servers and close your account
- You did nothing
- OVH terminated your servers
- You are complaining about it

This is not about spamming on other IRC servers. This is about the fact that you were running IRC servers on your servers. That is forbidden, and you ignored OVH when they told you to stop running IRC servers on your network. Doesn't matter if it was you or some of your customers, as you are the OVH customer and the only responsible for your servers' activities in front of OVH.

It's clear to me, it's clear to enyone, except you.

BTW, attacking the plaintiff wasn't the smartest decission.
God damn it, another bi*ch that is trying to be smart, im really asking are you blind? Where did i mentioned that we have not STOPped all irc servers? We did and thats why i have opened this thread here, so why did you hide another link which it stated https://abuse.ovh.net/repo/ipayzcvkabgysnuxvwnx.txt
There was nothing that we was albe to fix, as you can see they did not mention to suspend all irc server but asked us to fix to avoid another complain from the same person,
So all the problem is to this: https://abuse.ovh.net/repo/nggjelptdxuelfbtgtht.txt
And we reply that we have nothing to take any action, because you cannot prevent someone by advertising with multiple nicknames in someones chat server, according to the first abuse link our ips were not a part of this abuse.
OVH handle such abuse without checking in there and find the truth, i have mentioned in fast all posts where is our ips messed up as proxy, tor in this abuse which was the cause of which we had to suspend all our irc servers and don't get ovh autherization. If you don't or you won't understand just keep away from this thread thats all.
BTW we didn't attack anyone!

alvaroag
18-02-2015, 15:03
Let's quote some of the OVH phrases:

We advise you to handle this situation to avoid any IRC complaints. Let us know within 24 hours the actions you will take to avoid this situation from happening again.
Briefly: "Plase suspend any IRC activity on your servers ans tell us what you did within 24 hours."

We receive new complaints regarding IRC activities coming from your IPs. You have 48 hours to suspend all IRC related activities from OVH network.
If we receive new complaints regarding your IRC activities: we will suspend your services and close your accounts.
Briefly: "Suspend any IRC activity on your servers within 48 hours or we will suspend your services and close your accounts.

We are not asking to fix an issue regarding a specific IP. We asked you to remove all IRC related activity from your OVH services.
We asked you to remove all IRC related activity from your OVH services.
we don't authorize anymore your IRC activities.
Briefly: "If all about you running IRC servers. You are not authorized to do so"

So:

- You were running IRC server(s) on your dedicated servers
- Running IRC servers is forbidden by TOS, unless you get permissión from OVH
- You didn't got permission from OVH to run IRC servers
- OVH gave you 24 hours to suspend IRC activity on your servers
- You did nothing
- OVH gave you additional 48 hours to suspend any IRC activity on your servers, or they whould terminate all your servers and close your account
- You did nothing
- OVH terminated your servers
- You are complaining about it

This is not about spamming on other IRC servers. This is about the fact that you were running IRC servers on your servers. That is forbidden, and you ignored OVH when they told you to stop running IRC servers on your network. Doesn't matter if it was you or some of your customers, as you are the OVH customer and the only responsible for your servers' activities in front of OVH.

It's clear to me, it's clear to enyone, except you.

BTW, attacking the plaintiff wasn't the smartest decission.

AlbaHost
18-02-2015, 14:30
You have recognized on a previous post that some of your customers were running IRC servers, and now you are complaining on why OVH terminated your service for running IRC servers? Are you serious?
I am serious but seems you not, we have customers which have irc servers running 4 months ago and never was any problem. If you check all the logs below you will understand that at first abuse which is the cause of this nightmare. In the second abuse reply from ovh check link above you will see that they request from us to fix and to do not come new complains/abuses, which we need to fix what? Preventing you/someone to do not advertise with multiple nicknames to complainers irc chat server? How, could you tell me?
Because our ips was not a part of proxy, tor or any illegal activities whats why we was not albe to fix anything. Check the first link of abuse and try to find out if any of our ips are there, only the ip in header which have the complainer mentioned.
From our ips, where who any logs, NO.
After that we don't get an autherization for irc server:

Dear Sir /Madam

It states in the terms of service that IRC is not allowed to be hosted on OVH servers. As a result this may lead to the server being put into Anti Hack.

If you have any other queries don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards
OVH Team

Why because due for this abuse, which don't have to do with us, the complainer use his irc server in ovh servers too but seems ovh terms doesn't applie to them. That's why i call ovh as really unprofessional.

alvaroag
18-02-2015, 14:16
You have recognized on a previous post that some of your customers were running IRC servers, and now you are complaining on why OVH terminated your service for running IRC servers? Are you serious?

LawsHosting
18-02-2015, 13:44
So, it all comes down to a 'permission' issue? You didn't seek permission to use IRC servers? If not, unless the servers use a non-standard IRC port, OVH should block IRC ports until permission is granted... So, this abuse alert was a trigger to the appearance of IRC servers on the servers?

AlbaHost
18-02-2015, 12:58
Quote Originally Posted by marks
as far as I'm aware, we never delete any thread, unless it's spam or similar.

ok, thanks for your explanation. But unfortunately, we won't be able to troubleshoot the IRC security systems (if any) or functioning systems.

I would only say that you can at any time block an IP from connecting to your server (through firewall), so you can't say you can't do anything about it. In fact, as someone mentioned before, our policy before was to block all IRC traffic unless you've specifically said what IP you wanted to let connect to your server (why don't you do it too, through a software firewall on your server?). Nowadays, our policy is in the Terms and Conditions "PDF":

so, unfortunately, there is nothing to discuss. This policy has been put in place because IRC is far too insecure and servers get hacked too often.

My suggestion if you want to go on running IRC servers on any other OVH server would be to setup extremely secure IRC servers (for example, as said above, allow only a few IPs to connect to the server at all). But you have to be aware that if there is any problem, condition 5.4 of the T&C can be applied.

hope it's more clear now
Hi marks,

Your explain is great stated here:
I would only say that you can at any time block an IP from connecting to your server (through firewall), so you can't say you can't do anything about it. In fact, as someone mentioned before, our policy before was to block all IRC traffic unless you've specifically said what IP you wanted to let connect to your server (why don't you do it too, through a software firewall on your server?). Nowadays, our policy is in the Terms and Conditions "PDF":

In this case the complainer a.k.a irc.zemra.org should do this and block proxies etc and not from our side because hes not our customer and dont use any of our ip, he have complain that our ips are used as proxy or spam. If you check his complain here: https://abuse.ovh.net/repo/nggjelptdxuelfbtgtht.txt
There's not to be shown any of our ips only the ip which the complainer have mentioned in header: IP: 5.135.74.229. You can go throught this abuse and check if you find that any of our ips is messed here, you can terminate automatically our account.
It's shame because you take action and request from us to suspend/terminate all our irc chat servers without checking what's/text in abuse which have nothing to do with our ips or nothing illegal content, tor, proxy etc from our side.
Since you and your staff have still not provided any logs/ips which belong to us that is shown in this abuse.
If your terms don't allow ircd servers then, irc.zemra.org aka complainer use irc in your servers too. Does your terms are for all or only for someone yes and someone not.

marks
18-02-2015, 10:56
Quote Originally Posted by AlbaHost
This thread was deleted, i will that all other customers know whats happen, so don't delete it!

This is how (un)professional and worthless company as OVH are! AND PLEASE ANYONE FROM OVH STAFF DO NOT DELETE THIS AGAIN!
as far as I'm aware, we never delete any thread, unless it's spam or similar.

All the logs and all are in this thread.
So there's your react, i will join to your irc chat server and advertise with multiple nicks i.e www.marks.com and OVH will say you to fix this otherwise ovh will suspend/terminate you as a hoster of www.marks.com? NOTE: even that you as mark owner of www.marks.com didn't that? How can you prevent a third person to stop advertising in any irc chat server www.marks.com? This can be even the same complainer. So you said that the complainer have asked us before you, let me see the proofs that he have asked us. As i mentioned in abuse department via email, the owner of irc.zemra.org a.k.a complainer was our customer before 1 year, we banned him due because he hacked mysql database from our main site. If you need more proofs feel free to ask me, i have provided proofs to abuse department via email too but useless.
Another question,
According to this: https://abuse.ovh.net/repo/nggjelptdxuelfbtgtht.txt
Where's my ips showed in those logs in advertising would you show me?
ok, thanks for your explanation. But unfortunately, we won't be able to troubleshoot the IRC security systems (if any) or functioning systems.

5.4 For security reasons, the operation of Internet Relay Chat services from the
Website (including without limitation bots, proxy, bouncer, etc.) requires the prior
approval of the Supplier, which may be refused in the Supplier’s absolute
discretion.
so, unfortunately, there is nothing to discuss. This policy has been put in place because IRC is far too insecure and servers get hacked too often.

My suggestion if you want to go on running IRC servers on any other OVH server would be to setup extremely secure IRC servers (for example, as said above, allow only a few IPs to connect to the server at all). But you have to be aware that if there is any problem, condition 5.4 of the T&C can be applied.

hope it's more clear now

AlbaHost
16-02-2015, 12:00
Quote Originally Posted by marks
The abuse issues are very serious and you must take action immediately.

Our abuse department has received reports (with logs and proof to support them, as we never take action without them) that there is illicit activity running on this IP. And you need to stop it immediately as soon as informed. Ideally, you should be able to monitor and act on these issues even before it reaches us (how? having a way people can report issues directly to you, the host, before they come to us).

Now, IRC is a very vulnerable service, very prone to be hacked . That why if we see that you're unable to run this service without this illicit activity happening, OVH will request to close the IRC services altogether.

When it comes to abuse issues, we expect from the customer a prompt reply and action, and trying to proactively fix the issue.
All the logs and all are in this thread.
So there's your react, i will join to your irc chat server and advertise with multiple nicks i.e www.marks.com and OVH will say you to fix this otherwise ovh will suspend/terminate you as a hoster of www.marks.com? NOTE: even that you as mark owner of www.marks.com didn't that? How can you prevent a third person to stop advertising in any irc chat server www.marks.com? This can be even the same complainer. So you said that the complainer have asked us before you, let me see the proofs that he have asked us. As i mentioned in abuse department via email, the owner of irc.zemra.org a.k.a complainer was our customer before 1 year, we banned him due because he hacked mysql database from our main site. If you need more proofs feel free to ask me, i have provided proofs to abuse department via email too but useless.
Another question,
According to this: https://abuse.ovh.net/repo/nggjelptdxuelfbtgtht.txt
Where's my ips showed in those logs in advertising would you show me?

marks
16-02-2015, 11:52
This thread was deleted, i will that all other customers know whats happen, so don't delete it!

Trying to explain, again i apologise for my bad english:

Is there anyone with such abuses that can help us to avoid this nightmare, because im unable to understand a guy/staff behind abuse department! Hereby are some explains regarding which we have received an abuse from OVH:

IP: 5.135.74.229 this is our ip which have the guy/plaintiff mentioned in abuse which is not shown in this spam log

Someone is advertising on his/this/plaintiff chat server irc.zemra.org, which is not our ip/customer

I am not sure how many times I have reported these domain for spam and you havent done nothing at all!

logs that abuser/plaintiff provided
https://abuse.ovh.net/repo/nggjelptdxuelfbtgtht.txt

Another email from ovh abuse department:

Another email from ovh abuse department without any logs.

Tried to fix it, even if this is not an spam and hereby is their reply:

So actually they are asking us to suspend all our irc chat servers without investigate in this case and haven't found anything illegal:

I have send them even a FAX, and hereby is their reply:
https://abuse.ovh.net/repo/sztqvpmzafrsjyrphifs.txt

So now they told that we are ddosing them:
https://abuse.ovh.net/repo/bapdwfqzntzwktfjhfia.txt

And their last answer which they close this case:

Could someone tell me please how is possible to suspend/terminate all our dedicated servers if we dont susped all irc chat servers/customers even if they are not our ips or our ips are not a part of any abuse nor illegal activities?! Why should we be responsible if someone is advertising their domain/website in any irc chat server?
This is how (un)professional and worthless company as OVH are! AND PLEASE ANYONE FROM OVH STAFF DO NOT DELETE THIS AGAIN!
The abuse issues are very serious and you must take action immediately.

Our abuse department has received reports (with logs and proof to support them, as we never take action without them) that there is illicit activity running on this IP. And you need to stop it immediately as soon as informed. Ideally, you should be able to monitor and act on these issues even before it reaches us (how? having a way people can report issues directly to you, the host, before they come to us).

Now, IRC is a very vulnerable service, very prone to be hacked . That why if we see that you're unable to run this service without this illicit activity happening, OVH will request to close the IRC services altogether.

When it comes to abuse issues, we expect from the customer a prompt reply and action, and trying to proactively fix the issue.

AlbaHost
14-02-2015, 21:28
Quote Originally Posted by Criot
I'm not treating customers 'like a slave' - Quite the opposite, the way you're talking to me is exactly like that.

I see, so you're essentially saying OVH have their rules, but a buyer has their rules and they can decide to breach OVH's rules if they want to? No, that's not the case. When ordering you agree to abide by their Terms, if you breach those terms, it's your fault. If a customer breached my terms, depending on the severity, they'd be suspended/terminated with immediate effect, I provide leniency where possible for specific things, however, some things simply cannot be tolerated. If a client ignores my warnings, it'd be immediate suspension/termination.

Clearly there is a communication barrier between yourself and OVH, you are not fluent in English and therefore OVH staff probably struggle to understand you, I for one do.

By the way, nearly every reply you've made to me, you've gone and contradicted in a reply elsewhere.
Yes sir, you won just go away.

Criot
14-02-2015, 21:18
You/OVH cannot treat their customers like a slave you know, there is not only OVH that it have their rules there are buyer rules too. The reason which ovh said to stop all the irc chat servers are mentioned with proofs in my first thread.
Another thing is i have taken all necessary which ovh abuse department said i have joined by myself in that irc chat server, noone of our clients was advertising anything, this can do even the complainer by himself just only to make trouble to us.
I can't understand, why do you actually think that this is even a complain..
I'm not treating customers 'like a slave' - Quite the opposite, the way you're talking to me is exactly like that.

I see, so you're essentially saying OVH have their rules, but a buyer has their rules and they can decide to breach OVH's rules if they want to? No, that's not the case. When ordering you agree to abide by their Terms, if you breach those terms, it's your fault. If a customer breached my terms, depending on the severity, they'd be suspended/terminated with immediate effect, I provide leniency where possible for specific things, however, some things simply cannot be tolerated. If a client ignores my warnings, it'd be immediate suspension/termination.

Clearly there is a communication barrier between yourself and OVH, you are not fluent in English and therefore OVH staff probably struggle to understand you, I for one do.

By the way, nearly every reply you've made to me, you've gone and contradicted in a reply elsewhere.

AlbaHost
14-02-2015, 21:13
Quote Originally Posted by heise
I guess OVH was asking you to stop all IRC on OVH servers. Did you do that? Obviously, you didn't.
Did you have written approval to run IRC on OVH? Obviously you didn't.

So what are you complaining about?????
I think you should make a question and wait for the answer, don't answer by yourself, I stop all irc chat servers and this is why im complaining here. Because this is not even an abuse if you know what IRC chat server is. We are now in sharktech which we don't have such nightmares because this have nothing to do with real life and real abuse.
So stop pretending to be a Hero here if you don't know abuses between irc chat advertising abuse and a real spam abuse.

heise
14-02-2015, 20:57
Please confirm us urgently that your IRC activities have been stopped.
I guess OVH was asking you to stop all IRC on OVH servers. Did you do that? Obviously, you didn't.
Did you have written approval to run IRC on OVH? Obviously you didn't.

So what are you complaining about?????

AlbaHost
14-02-2015, 09:43
Hi AlbaHost,

you did not read or understand what OVH wrote you. I quote:

There you can read:

Did you do anything within the given time frame? Did you have prior written approval for your customers to run IRC?

So, if you violate TOS, what do you expect?
And you read this: https://abuse.ovh.net/repo/bkrsxfagmhaqtcmtqbyp.txt

We have take all steps but there was nothing that we can do, because they don't want us to fix anything.

heise
13-02-2015, 22:05
Hi AlbaHost,

you did not read or understand what OVH wrote you. I quote:

There you can read:

As mentionned in our terms of service :
"5.4 For security reasons, the operation of Internet Relay Chat (IRC) services from the
Website (including without limitation bots, proxy, bouncer, etc.) requires the prior
written approval
of the Supplier, which may be refused in the Supplier’s absolute
discretion."
We advise you to handle this situation to avoid any IRC complaints. Let us know within 24 hours the actions you will take to avoid this situation from happening again.
Did you do anything within the given time frame? Did you have prior written approval for your customers to run IRC?

So, if you violate TOS, what do you expect?

AlbaHost
13-02-2015, 15:42
Quote Originally Posted by LawsHosting
As I said before, if I understood the last thread - as the client of Alba, or the users of that client, were spamming/advertising the client's services (whether it be websites, irc servers) on another IRC server, then all that Alba can do is warn the client, if they don't stop, suspend their services.... If the spam/advertising continues after this, Alba isn't responsible...

Unless we haven't seen the whole story, which, if there's more, then OVH need to explain the reasons fully here - after all, they invite clients to air their issues in public.
Exactly, this is not the reason to suspend all our irc chat servers without any real reason. This is why i opened a thread here because if this is happened to us, tomorrow will happen to you too, and this is not fair and very unprofessional from ovh.
LaesHosting, this is really all the whole story, i provided with all the abuse tickets.

LawsHosting
13-02-2015, 15:17
As I said before, if I understood the last thread - as the client of Alba, or the users of that client, were spamming/advertising the client's services (whether it be websites, irc servers) on another IRC server, then all that Alba can do is warn the client, if they don't stop, suspend their services.... If the spam/advertising continues after this, Alba isn't responsible...

Unless we haven't seen the whole story, which, if there's more, then OVH need to explain the reasons fully here - after all, they invite clients to air their issues in public.

AlbaHost
13-02-2015, 14:53
To operate an IRC server inside OVH, you must get authorization from OVH. If they know irc.zemra.org runs and IRC server and they do not suspend it, maybe they gave the owner authorization to run an IRC server.
Ya 80% of ovh servers/ips are listed in spam/blacklisted with real abuses, and ovh abuse department don't take any action, if you advertise any website in any irc chat server which is hosted by ovh they will suspend you. There is not any autherization to run irc chat servers at least not for legal content, maybe if you want to run any illegal content you will need an authorization from ovh, im sure they will authorize it.

AlbaHost
13-02-2015, 14:48
If OVH told you to stop and you didn't comply, it's your own fault that the service was suspended/terminated. If they ask you to stop, you do it, simple as, you can't make up your own rules.

Of course it may not be in their ToS, but there's obviously a reason that they wanted you to stop running them?
You/OVH cannot treat their customers like a slave you know, there is not only OVH that it have their rules there are buyer rules too. The reason which ovh said to stop all the irc chat servers are mentioned with proofs in my first thread.
Another thing is i have taken all necessary which ovh abuse department said i have joined by myself in that irc chat server, noone of our clients was advertising anything, this can do even the complainer by himself just only to make trouble to us.
I can't understand, why do you actually think that this is even a complain..

Criot
13-02-2015, 10:38
Exactly, why for what kind of illegal activities?!
In which ToS of OVH are irc servers forbidden? Where is stated? If OVH forbidd irc servers, then the complainer which have irc.zemra.org is hosted by ovh too, hes not suspended but we are, would you explain?
If OVH told you to stop and you didn't comply, it's your own fault that the service was suspended/terminated. If they ask you to stop, you do it, simple as, you can't make up your own rules.

Of course it may not be in their ToS, but there's obviously a reason that they wanted you to stop running them?

alvaroag
13-02-2015, 05:13
Quote Originally Posted by LawsHosting
Wrong. You just need to open IRC ports from Managerv3..... I used to run unreal for a few years
That might as well be right, but I was saying about complying with the TOS, not the technical part.

LawsHosting
13-02-2015, 00:54
To operate an IRC server inside OVH, you must get authorization from OVH. If they know irc.zemra.org runs and IRC server and they do not suspend it, maybe they gave the owner authorization to run an IRC server.
Wrong. You just need to open IRC ports from Managerv3..... I used to run unreal for a few years

alvaroag
12-02-2015, 23:20

AlbaHost
12-02-2015, 22:43
IRC by itself it not illegal, and OVH is not saying that your IRC activities are illegal. But running IRC servers is forbidden by OVH TOS. And they warned you, so there's nothing to claim now. You could have taken down the IRC servers, or could have taken some measures to prevent your customers from running IRC servers. But you didn't, even when you were warned.
In which ToS of OVH are irc servers forbidden? Where is stated? If OVH forbidd irc servers, then the complainer which have irc.zemra.org is hosted by ovh too, hes not suspended but we are, would you explain?

alvaroag
12-02-2015, 22:32
IRC by itself it not illegal, and OVH is not saying that your IRC activities are illegal. But running IRC servers is forbidden by OVH TOS. And they warned you, so there's nothing to claim now. You could have taken down the IRC servers, or could have taken some measures to prevent your customers from running IRC servers. But you didn't, even when you were warned.

AlbaHost
12-02-2015, 22:05
You're telling me that you hosted IRC Servers when OVH told you to stop, and you're wondering why OVH threw you out?

Criot
12-02-2015, 21:53
We have 8 resellers and about 2k websites/customers, so yes we have irc chat servers runned by our customers. But this have nothing to do with any illegal activities.
You're telling me that you hosted IRC Servers when OVH told you to stop, and you're wondering why OVH threw you out?

AlbaHost
12-02-2015, 21:40
You are a VPS & web hosting seller, right? Are you sure any of your customers have been running a VPS? Also, have you implemented any measure to block IRC?
We have 8 resellers and about 2k websites/customers, so yes we have irc chat servers runned by our customers. But this have nothing to do with any illegal activities.

AlbaHost
12-02-2015, 21:37
Well, first you posted in wrong subsection. Second, could it be possible, that someone hacked your server and was running a hidden irc server spamming all the world? If you are sure, you did everything right, and your server wasn't running an irc server and they closed your accounts unjustified, then sue them. This can easily get very, very expensive for OVH. But personally it sound more like your server was hacked and you didn't notice AND didn't take proper actions.
To sue OVH it cost alot of money since we are not even in European Union, we are moving our servers from ovh. How can you spam all the world from IRC chat server? There is all the problem if you check the first abuse link that someone used multiple nicknames which was advertising the domains mentioned * * * *, in this irc chat server irc.zemra.org which is not our customer and which have complain this abuse to us, the mentioned * * * * *domains were hosted by our reseller. This is not even spam, it have nothing to do with email spam or anything. This is same as if you connect to irc.dal.net with multiple nicknames and join in chat #channel and then put a message to: hey connect to my www.mysite.com. And a owner of irc.dal.net to complain an abuse to/in this case to OVH that someone is advertising in his channel and ovh mention it as SPAM.
If ovh start to suspend all irc chat server in such case, i can do the same to any irc chat server with multiple nicknames and mention your domain name in advertising message in #channel name so you will be suspended from OVH aswell, even if you don't have any clue or anything to do with this.

heise
12-02-2015, 20:46
Well, first you posted in wrong subsection. Second, could it be possible, that someone hacked your server and was running a hidden irc server spamming all the world? If you are sure, you did everything right, and your server wasn't running an irc server and they closed your accounts unjustified, then sue them. This can easily get very, very expensive for OVH. But personally it sound more like your server was hacked and you didn't notice AND didn't take proper actions.

alvaroag
12-02-2015, 20:35
You are a VPS & web hosting seller, right? Are you sure any of your customers have been running a VPS? Also, have you implemented any measure to block IRC?

AlbaHost
12-02-2015, 17:20

Trying to explain, again i apologise for my bad english:

Is there anyone with such abuses that can help us to avoid this nightmare, because im unable to understand a guy/staff behind abuse department! Hereby are some explains regarding which we have received an abuse from OVH:

IP: 5.135.74.229 this is our ip which have the guy/plaintiff mentioned in abuse which is not shown in this spam log

Someone is advertising on his/this/plaintiff chat server irc.zemra.org, which is not our ip/customer

I am not sure how many times I have reported these domain for spam and you havent done nothing at all!

logs that abuser/plaintiff provided
https://abuse.ovh.net/repo/nggjelptdxuelfbtgtht.txt

Another email from ovh abuse department without any logs.

Tried to fix it, even if this is not an spam and hereby is their reply:

So actually they are asking us to suspend all our irc chat servers without investigate in this case and haven't found anything illegal:

I have send them even a FAX, and hereby is their reply:
https://abuse.ovh.net/repo/sztqvpmzafrsjyrphifs.txt

So now they told that we are ddosing them:
https://abuse.ovh.net/repo/bapdwfqzntzwktfjhfia.txt

And their last answer which they close this case:

Could someone tell me please how is possible to suspend/terminate all our dedicated servers if we dont susped all irc chat servers/customers even if they are not our ips or our ips are not a part of any abuse nor illegal activities?! Why should we be responsible if someone is advertising their domain/website in any irc chat server?