OVH Community, your new community space.

New dedicated server - default root password?

heise
22-02-2015, 19:56
u welcome

GregE
22-02-2015, 18:53
Criot, you were quite right - the one email from OVH caught in spam was that one.

Quote Originally Posted by heise
You mixed up some things. Did you really install Windows 2012 R2 server or did you install Windows Hyper-V server 2012 R2?? The first one is an OS the second one a hypervisor.

Then you should have received an email with login credentials. If you are expecting a working Windows 2012 R2 server OS running, I will need to disappoint you. For that you need to buy a licence or add your SPLA licence. Alternatively you can install Windows yourself, see signature.
Heise, yes I've now realised it's Windows Hyper-V server 2012 R2. Thanks for the tip re adding Win 2012 server.

heise
21-02-2015, 17:30
You mixed up some things. Did you really install Windows 2012 R2 server or did you install Windows Hyper-V server 2012 R2?? The first one is an OS the second one a hypervisor.

Then you should have received an email with login credentials. If you are expecting a working Windows 2012 R2 server OS running, I will need to disappoint you. For that you need to buy a licence or add your SPLA licence. Alternatively you can install Windows yourself, see signature.

Criot
21-02-2015, 15:23
Was the root password not sent to you via email after the installation completed? Check your spam/junk boxes as well, just in case.

GregE
21-02-2015, 12:42
Hi all.
Yesterday OVH activated a new dedicated server for me. I installed Win 2012 R2 server via the Manager interface.

I can see it installed successfully, now I want to login to the usual root account, but what is the default password??

Is there a default password for the root account of Win 2012 R2 HyperV server image? Is there a way of resetting it from outside of Windows?

The Help documentation link with the closest fit does not work (literally that Help link doesn't load a page), I contacted OVH support yesterday evening for advice, still no reply.

Any suggestions?
TIA