We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hackers broke into my server.

Criot
02-03-2015, 19:26
OVH supply backup space, they don't actually take the backup, you'll have to restore from any backups available.

In future it is a good idea to store backups in a remote location.

alvaroag
02-03-2015, 18:31
What kind of backup did you made? Which OS did you use?

romex
02-03-2015, 16:53
I was given a 100 GB space for backup and I every 12 hours make copies of my site.

alvaroag
02-03-2015, 16:45
OVH servers (Under any brand: OVH, SYS, KS) are unmanaged servers, so OVH does not has any backup of the data inside them. So, briefly, there's no way OVH can recover your data.

However, you can try using some kind of recovery utility, either if you run Windows or Linux. Can't asure you will recover anything at all, but it's worth the try.

Next time, it would be better to make regular backups of your data. Remember OVH & SYS give you backup storage outside your server, but it depends on you to use it wisely.

romex
02-03-2015, 16:37
Excuse Me. Writing through an interpreter. I have a big problem. Hackers broke into my server. Remove Site and backups. The site is very well-known news sites. I want to know, you can return the backup site? Please help if you can return the sites.