OVH Community, your new community space.

DDos Protection

no1host
28-03-2015, 11:07
1) From my understanding it is included
2) https://forum.ovh.us/showthread.php/...it-UDP-packets

AsadMoeen
25-03-2015, 08:42
Do we have the firewall management in Classic OVH VPS because Anti-DDOS pro is not included in that?

Can I block UDP based attacks?

AsadMoeen
23-03-2015, 06:42
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Yes, you have access to the firewall and the ddos protection.
I'll confirm this again with you. On the website it shows that the Classic OVH VPS just comes with Anti-DDOS where as Dedicated Cloud comes with Anti-DDOS pro. So does that mean the firewall management is included in the simple Anti-DDOS as well? I'm looking for a way to block UDP attacks.

Neil
19-03-2015, 09:53
Quote Originally Posted by AsadMoeen
Can we manage firewall settings in the Classic OVH VPS to manage DDOS attacks that possibly go through?
Yes, you have access to the firewall and the ddos protection.

AsadMoeen
18-03-2015, 17:57
Can we manage firewall settings in the Classic OVH VPS to manage DDOS attacks that possibly go through?

marks
16-03-2015, 11:49
Quote Originally Posted by no1host
Does the OVH vps line have permanent mitigation? If so, can we transfer our sys failover ip's to it?
yes, VPSes have permament mitigation if that's what you want, but also the option for automatic. They also have the full featured control on the Network Firewall, just like dedicated servers.

IPs from SYS can only be move to dedicated server at OVH, not VPSes.

no1host
15-03-2015, 22:49
Does the OVH vps line have permanent mitigation? If so, can we transfer our sys failover ip's to it?

marks
11-03-2015, 10:19
The SYS panel doesn't have any configuration option in regarding of the anti-ddos protection. I can't tell about the KS manager, never seen it, but I guess it would be pretty much the same.

In the OVH manager, you can set how the anti-ddos works (automatic, permanent or disabled) and setup the network firewall.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Kode
11-03-2015, 08:16
Just had a look in my SYS panel and can't see anything like that, I'm pretty sure the protection is the same KS gets.

AsadMoeen
11-03-2015, 07:33
In the normal SYS range, do you get any Anti-DDOS customization panel where you can make slight adjustments or is it automated just like KS?

Kode
10-03-2015, 20:53
So what if we take the BETA one, would we have to reorder when it goes out actually or would the payment cycle just change?
The server expires completely and you have to order a brand new one (if they have any in stock), so you lose any configuration you have done, plus the ip address will change each time.

Bear
10-03-2015, 20:22
what about api? i noticed on kimsufi that you can't create token,it gives error on end

AsadMoeen
10-03-2015, 19:38
So what if we take the BETA one, would we have to reorder when it goes out actually or would the payment cycle just change?

Secondly, I get attacked by a simple UDP packet and my software firewall completely blocks it. The only problem is that it's so big that the port is choked. Port: 27015 gets attacked and everything dies out. So this can be a potential threat to even people who run webservers, not just gameservers. Why don't they cover that?

Kode
10-03-2015, 08:13
The game range is in beta and has been for at least 8 months with no indication of when it will end, meaning you can only hire a server for a max of 14 days.

When it's eventually released it might suit your needs, but until then it sounds like you are out of luck

AsadMoeen
10-03-2015, 04:46
But then OVH range goes out of budget. How about the game range?

start-your-web
10-03-2015, 00:30
Quote Originally Posted by marks
yes, OVH servers come with extra features, such as network firewall, that allows to create rules and some of them are quite specific to certain games.
why ovh doesn't provide more than 18 rule with extra cost?

marks
09-03-2015, 17:57
yes, OVH servers come with extra features, such as network firewall, that allows to create rules and some of them are quite specific to certain games.

Поповић
09-03-2015, 16:38
- Do the normal SYS servers (e.g. essential ones) benefit from any special DDOS protection different than Kimsufi?
Sadly you cannot enable permanent mitigation and/or edit network firewall on SyS / KS servers. SyS protection pretty much identical to KS protection.

All servers from ovh.com benefit from 'pro' ddos protection, and come with permanent mitigation / firewall feature.

AsadMoeen
09-03-2015, 16:01
I've been using Kimsufi range to host game-servers on various games and to some extent they have been satisfactory enough when it comes to DDOS protection. I've received attacks on my game-server ports (UDP) and in those cases DDOS protection did not work at all, even blocking the port didn't help. I have a really good software protection on my system.

I was asked to try SoYouStart for my needs but I have a few questions,

- Do the normal SYS servers (e.g. essential ones) benefit from any special DDOS protection different than Kimsufi?
- I see the GAME range servers too and it looks they might help me, but they're still in BETA. Can I get a permanent solution?

I don't need anything else that comes with GAME range servers because I run my own software including OS modifications. All I need is something to protect me from DDOS attacks whether it's UDP or TCP, no matter what port gets attacked.