We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Wordpress server (VPS Classic) configuation

luattrihung
30-03-2015, 09:35
Help me. I I can't assign domain name via wp admin, too.

Gazeta
20-03-2015, 17:19
Thank you very much, It's finally sorted, am very happy.
WP admin -> Settings - > General allows domain modification (this is not the same as permalinks settings)
Cheers
Vad

Dani
20-03-2015, 10:23
HI

The method which I have shown isn't an redirection. The issue is with wordpress, please login to the wordpress control panel and change the URL settings, this will ensure the links always show your domain name.

Danny

Gazeta
19-03-2015, 19:11
Deleted (and added to the post above)

Gazeta
19-03-2015, 19:08
I am sorry but not. This looks like a redirect, domain points to index.php page. Site links (internal pages) are showing up in address bar as vpsnumber.ovh.net.. Is there a way to make it nicer?

Dani
18-03-2015, 19:09
Hi

The website now works with your VPS.

Danny

Gazeta
18-03-2015, 17:24
Thank you. I swear, I did not delete anything. There are plenty of records showing up in my domain control panel (not OVH), they look different, even IP differs. I tried to modify it from there, but it did not change. I can contact their support team, just in case. However, I changed IP for A record in my OVH panel. That's it, I did nothing else.

Dani
18-03-2015, 11:38
Hi

It appears you have set the records but you have also deleted all other records in the DNS zone. You would need some of these other records as well.

I will email you directly regarding this issue.

Danny

Gazeta
17-03-2015, 18:57
Thank you. This is what I was saying. In several topics on this forum it was said I need to set DNS like nsmyservernumber.etc... I will change it in a while, moment. As for the A record, shall I change it from domain registrar control panel or in my ovh control panel. Id we are talking about ovh panel, it's already set as you advised. Will it work like this? I changed everything.

Dani
17-03-2015, 18:29
Hi

I have checked through your domain and there is 2 steps required to make your website working with the VPS.

1) DNS

Your current name servers doesn't work, you need new name servers which work. If you like, can use the name servers which OVH has for your domain name. In your case they are:

dns111.ovh.net,
ns111.ovh.net

2) A record

Your VPS has an IP address, you need to add this IP address to your DNS zone, within your manager you need to either create/modify the A record and supply the new A record as your VPS IP.

Afterwards your website will work against the VPS.

Thanks

Danny

Gazeta
17-03-2015, 17:53
I will really appreciate it. Domain is gazeta (dot) es
Thank you!

Dani
17-03-2015, 10:37
Hi

Can you provide me with your domain name? I can check this for you.

Alternatively you can contact support directly where by we can email you instead if you wish to keep your domain private.

Thanks

Danny

Gazeta
16-03-2015, 17:23
I cannot add domain to my WP server package, that's it. Your guides are not up to date. I asked for assistance on this forum, but the response (see above) was irrelevant. I need either a proper guide (link) or advice how to use externally registered domain name with WP server.

Neil
16-03-2015, 12:58
Hi

What is the issue you get or the error?

Gazeta
14-03-2015, 16:17
Oh, no, there is no answer yet :-) Any ideas gentlemen? Please help. How to assign an external domain to my WP server, please?.. Must be a solution, right? :-)

Gazeta
11-03-2015, 23:35
Thank you. I cannot assign domain name via wp admin.

Neil
11-03-2015, 16:37
Hi

WordPress is already installed so just follow the admin link and you can set it up to the way you want.

Gazeta
11-03-2015, 15:20
Hi everyone (and thanks for reading this). I am a complete newbie. Bought VPS Classic subscription, just installed WordPress option on it, and have no idea what to do next. In Wordpress version it (the server, I mean) comes pre-configured. Do I need to install anything on my side in addition to what I already have? I mean, shall I bother with setting up anything else on the server or not? Also - important practical question -. how to link (an externally registered) domain name to the web space? Please help.

P.S. I found this guide on the Internet, shall I follow all this steps on WP server or not? Please advise.